This has probably been beaten to death...

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will be very happy with the Sunray D-1. Yes you will have to slightly move the probe as it acts like a tiny coil and the VDI numbers will show on the screen along with icons. I don't have one on my DFX and should get one soon. However I have the S-1 on the Sov GT and it is fantastic. I wouldn't be with out it. :headbang:

http://www.sunraydetector.com/

OP
OP
F

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THanks Sandman, I cant wait to get mine. It beats the hell out of dropping th bullseye everywhere I go!

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Another nice feature is it works in pinpoint mode without waving it. Zeros right in on it, especially nice on tiny targets.

OP
OP
F

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tin Nugget said:
Another nice feature is it works in pinpoint mode without waving it. Zeros right in on it, especially nice on tiny targets.
That was what I was hoping to hear. To do that on the DFX do I have to lock the trigger forward then flip the switch on the probe?

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I'm not sure on the DFX. On the MXT, once I have a target pinpointed by the coil I set it down, switch to probe, if the target is shallow I will pinpoint with the probe on top of the ground by just pulling the trigger and holding it. You can get right on top of the target and just pop it out of the ground with your digger, no plug required :icon_thumleft: Same thing if it's deeper and you have to dig a plug or a hole. If the target is left in the ground, pull the trigger, run the probe around the hole, it will put you right on top of the target. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread