What's new

this Indian got scalped--crude hobo nickel from a roll

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2012
Messages
4,066
Reaction score
7,788
Golden Thread
0
Location
port ewen ny
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'LL TAKE IT:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: IMG_2185.webpIMG_2186.webp
 
Upvote 30
That's great. Nice find. Still hunting my 1st buff.
 
If you picked that one up while roll searching ,you came out with the prize.A hobo nickel for certain.
 
Definitely looks like someone was inspired by a hobo nickel and thought they'd try their hand at it. Good find.
 
Looks like Willie Nelson
 
If I am not seeing things,it looks like a bennie hat,? does it not look like it has the little impeller on top ?
 
Yep. Might be a Beany Cap but I don't think it was finished.
Nice save
 
I sold a Hobo Nickel on eBay for $480.00 about 4 years ago. You may want to advertise this as an unfinished item on eBay if you want to sell it.
Toolman Butch
 
ACE PALE FACE DONE GOT A HOLD OF THAT INJUN ..
 
I agree it appears to be unfinished and really crude. saw the reverse first and was amazed by near full horn. flipped it and my first thought was a road kill coin scraped by concrete. 2nd thought was--- holy crap, this damage is intentional, a few more art classes and the dude who did this could have been a contender:-)
Yep. Might be a Beany Cap but I don't think it was finished.
Nice save
 
An interesting find for sure ! no way to tell whether this was attempted in the 30's or a few years ago .
 
That's an amazing CRH find! Looks like an original. If confirmed that's a very rare find my friend :thumbsup:
 
Awesome I found one this year also
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom