olepossum
Hero Member
- Joined
- Apr 9, 2008
- Messages
- 939
- Reaction score
- 30
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- st. joseph missouri
- Detector(s) used
- old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
- #1
Thread Owner
notgittinenny said:There is a member in our club that uses something similar. When his target is in the plug, he has to break the plug up to retrieve the target, and he can't put the plug back (properly) and makes a terrible mess. I will never use one........NGE
These are commonly referred to as "Hole Hogs" and I've had one and unless I was on very damp ground it didn't work to good. And believe it or not it has a learning curve and takes a bit getting used too. I got rid of mine but it wasn't because of the way it worked but because of it's size and weight. But in damp or moist soil where it's ez to cut it does work well, unless you don't have the target in center when you cut the plug...then it gets messy. IMHO
Happy Trails, Woodstock