fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The A/C company came out to service my unit this morning. When the serviceman went up into the attic he found the drain pan full of water. The primary drain was stopped up but the secondary drain was still open and just enough water had drained to keep the safety switch from cutting the A/C off.
The serviceman tried to blow out the line with nitrogen but that didn't work so he used a camera probe to look into the line. There was a dead snake that not only blocked the water from draining but cracked the line.
So, almost $500.00 later the snake was removed and the line repaired.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beats $4k for a new AC but I feel your pain. Everything is terribly expensive these days. And its almost impossible to find a repair person to come out anymore.

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do HVAC, and this happens with not just snakes... large spiders, mice, beatles...

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
The A/C company came out to service my unit this morning. When the serviceman went up into the attic he found the drain pan full of water. The primary drain was stopped up but the secondary drain was still open and just enough water had drained to keep the safety switch from cutting the A/C off.
The serviceman tried to blow out the line with nitrogen but that didn't work so he used a camera probe to look into the line. There was a dead snake that not only blocked the water from draining but cracked the line.
So, almost $500.00 later the snake was removed and the line repaired.

Gidday Amigo

As unlucky your story is ....you can look on the bright side your not experiencing a mouse plague in Western NSW Australia. The get into everything and chew clothes, fridges seals insulation, food packets, lounges, Water tanks and chew wiring in the house air conditioners. And even in the water tanks full of dead mice. They are even getting into car wiring under dashboard chewing wires. The cats are exhausted they just leave the mice run over them.

Crow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXGxH1TBi2U

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stupid stuff that happens with wild animals / insects. I once had an Earwig cross 2 terminals on my Central Air unit, and shorted out a capacitor. That little insect cost me $90.00 . Glad he at least got fried doing it ! Another time, we had a small Blackbird fall down the stack on our rooftop. It made it's way to the toilet, and my wife kept hearing this scratching noise inside of it. I ended up taking the toilet off, and we had a net ready. The bird was trapped in the gooseneck portion of the toilet ! We took it outside on the deck, and after a few minutes of drying off ( it took a few flushes while in the toilet ) it flew away. At least I was able to fix that problem myself. Only took an hour of time to take the toilet off the floor and reattach it. Glad you had your problem fixed at least.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread