This is odd ! I posted it and it went away . Is it cursed ?

csa1865

Jun 1, 2017
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_9676.JPG I JUST listed this and it went somewhere ! I found this about 1 mile back in the woods . It is a coffin lid . I found the little lock and put it on with some newer screws I had . There was a small town there back in the 1800's . About 7 or 8 building left that I could see . I found this in a building that was almost falling down . It was in the corner but the rest of it was about 10 ft away in the weather for who knows how many years . Owner give it to me . He told me it was a town that he had heard most of his life . Wife said I should have left it there . I told her I wanted to make a coffin table out of it . Is must have been for a small child because it is about 4 ft long . Wife said the thing could be haunted . You can see where the old cloth was on it . I pulled it off because it was so dusty and rotten . 100_9673.JPG 100_9677.JPG 100_9675.JPG

Last edited:

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
It doesn't look like a coffin lid, and being made out of pine, it couldn't have been exposed to the elements very long. It looks more like a valance or soffit to which a ceiling cabinet or light fixture was attached. Neat looking though!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
csa1865

csa1865

Jun 1, 2017
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea where it went .I listed it with more of the store with more pics and clicked on post and it just went away ?????????????? CRAZY

Upvote 0
OP
OP
csa1865

csa1865

Jun 1, 2017
North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a child's coffin . The rest of it had the handles on the side BUT it was about 10ft away getting rained on because of the roof had partially fell down . The lid was under the fallen down part and WAS NOT getting wet . The owner told me that a funeral home stored items in the building many years ago . It had a cellar but you couldn't get down in it because most of the building had fallen end . I was trying to pull crap out the way and that's when I spotted the lid .

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread