ToastedWheatie
Hero Member
- Joined
- Jun 30, 2013
- Messages
- 534
- Reaction score
- 750
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Hudson Valley, NY
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- 800
Infinium
Whites M6
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
You can't always find gold, or silver, or even a wheatie, but....
Many will agree with me that sometimes researching a property can be as fun as detecting it.
Researching this one, I find that the neighboring house is 1700s mill. My 1875 map shows the property (combined at that time) owned by JB Gerow.
JB divided off a piece and built a large home for his daughter in 1900.
The daughter's property so far has given me a dozen wheats, an 1890 Indian head (Woo Hoo!), 3 1951 Japanese 10 Yen coins, tea pot, some copper jewelry, clad, the usual farm pieces parts,etc and this:
Finding a name plate ( tool box? plane? who knows.) from the owner who is listed on the map I think is fascinating.
I approached the neighbor who is in the original homestead. He is ecstatic to get the name plate ( he knew the name).The plate is getting nailed inside a basement stairwell stud in the original home. Where it belongs.
Many will agree with me that sometimes researching a property can be as fun as detecting it.
Researching this one, I find that the neighboring house is 1700s mill. My 1875 map shows the property (combined at that time) owned by JB Gerow.
JB divided off a piece and built a large home for his daughter in 1900.
The daughter's property so far has given me a dozen wheats, an 1890 Indian head (Woo Hoo!), 3 1951 Japanese 10 Yen coins, tea pot, some copper jewelry, clad, the usual farm pieces parts,etc and this:
Finding a name plate ( tool box? plane? who knows.) from the owner who is listed on the map I think is fascinating.
I approached the neighbor who is in the original homestead. He is ecstatic to get the name plate ( he knew the name).The plate is getting nailed inside a basement stairwell stud in the original home. Where it belongs.
Last edited:
Upvote
68
). I love to see this type of find. Throw in the fact you know some history about your find and it went to the right person to boot, I'd say your find is priceless! Outstanding find with some great karma coming your way! 








