What's new

This is strange...I think

47thelement

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2009
Messages
1,741
Reaction score
161
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two boxes from one of my supply banks today. I know they are a Dunbar bank 'cause I've seen the truck there. Well, one box is completely open but the rolls are sealed. I'm ok with that I assume thebox dimensions did not fit in the vault. Here is the strange part. The 2nd box is completely sealed and stamped CWI#029 Aug 17 2008. Not holding out for much silver in that box. Are CWI and Dunbar connected in any way, shape or form?

Thanks,

Michael
 
Upvote 0
As far as I can tell Coin Wrap Inc is just another company, so I don't see why dunbar couldn't just buy the coins rolled from them possibly cheaper/easier than rolling their own? http://www.coinwrap.com/
 
Seagates said:
As far as I can tell Coin Wrap Inc is just another company, so I don't see why dunbar couldn't just buy the coins rolled from them possibly cheaper/easier than rolling their own? http://www.coinwrap.com/


I thought CWI was the brand of wrappers used, and not a coin courier/coin rolling company per se. :icon_scratch:

Jim
 
Well even though their website looks like something a 10 year old could throw together in an afternoon, It does have some information about their company. It appears they sell their coin wrapping services to banks as well as armored car servers - there is a contact us page and thats one of the options. So I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure they are just a coin wrapping service - You know like their company name suggests.
 
I mostly get CWI boxes from my banks but a few times (maybe 4 or 5 boxes) have been Brinks boxes mixed in with my CWI boxes. I don't know how it happened but it does every once in a great while.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom