What's new

This is what happens when you don't mow the lawn...

PlzBSeated

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
503
Reaction score
4,934
Golden Thread
1
Location
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Decided to play hooky from yard work today. Had the itch and went detecting at high noon. Not sure which would have been more work as the ground was pretty hard.

Finds071616.webp

Today's finds...

1890 Seated Liberty Dime
1954 Roosevelt Dime
Sterling Saint Christopher Medallion
4 IHPs...188?, 1889, 1892, 1903

As usual, the IHPs are pretty rough. The Seated dime fooled me as it was a shallow target. I expected a Memorial and thought I had one when the dime popped out of the hole. It had stained brown for some reason. Had to take a little baking soda to it to get the detail.

PBS
 
Upvote 70
You had a great hunt today. Really like the old st. Christopher. Any idea on age? Congrats
 
Very nice coin hunt! :occasion14:

Silver is always welcome over yard work!
 
Sweet finds the last time I put off the yard work the only thing I found was how loud my wife can get !!! Congrats on the sweet coins !!
 
You had a great hunt today. Really like the old st. Christopher. Any idea on age? Congrats

Hard to say, but I'm going to guess 60yrs-70yrs old.

PBS
 
You should skip yard work more often, great haul!
 
really sweet! much better than cuttin the lawn! Congrats
 
I'm gonna show this to my wife next time she asks me to pick up dog poop and mow the lawn!
 
Very nice silvers and injuns for a ground hunt. Congrats
 
Three silvers and no yard work, sounds like a stellar day! Congrats, Sub 8-)
 
I also skipped the yard work. I'm glad I don't live next to some one who spends tons of time on their lawn. I don't mow its not even noticed Great finds
 
Sweet silver
If you cut the grass now,,
maybe you will double your finds?? lol
Congratulations
 
Congratulations on a great day.
 
Let it grow, let it grow, let it grow ! I'd skip the lawn work for those finds.
 
Wat a great day and no yard work to boot
 
Great hunt!!!! Any time you find a Seated it's a great day!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
this is exactly why my property is all natural.I refuse to spend my huntin time messin with it.No neighbors helps and besides....I like the forest look..:laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom