Just when you think youve seen everything, silver Rosie with rolled edge!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just when you think you've seen everything, silver Rosie with rolled edge!

I was hitting it very hard today after seeing that Seated Half Dime I re-hit the area where my buddy found those silvers yesterday from a different direction. I had one really great sounding target that my Deus was telling me it was a deep silver, VDI was a four way 80. I got very excited thinking I was about to dig another Half Dime. Down about five inches pops what at first I thought was a lead pellet. I have found tons of bullets and buck shot, 00 buck (pronounced-double ought buck) is a fairly large lead shot. I have found flatten ones whick inhance the VDI number but not the sound. It is so close I have to dig it anyhow, but that target was screaming, "silver sound" Anyhow, when I got it in my glove it was full of dirt and snow I cleaned it off and could see the edge was rolled back. I threw it in the keeper side for later inspection. I went home after being in that cold and ate a sandwich and fell asleep. I was out and got home and looked in my distilled water and remembered I put it in there. I might try and roll the one edge back where maybe I could see a date, but I thought it was pretty cool, so I posted it.
I wonder if they started making a ring out of it and lost it?
Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad 20160118_220700.jpg 20160118_220713.jpg 20160118_220732.jpg 20160118_220540.jpg 20160118_220552.jpg

I gave it a baking paste rub to clean it up here are those pix

20160118_223715.jpg 20160118_223736.jpg

Upvote 17

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Treble. If they were going to make a ring out of it, they may have realized that it was going to be to small & stopped the project.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool and possible some kid torturing a dime

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that's not your typical Rosie!
Nice finds!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I located an old homesite in the desert we call the button house.outrageous number of buttons of all descriptions scattered about.interesting thing is how many 1940s era coins we detected that had been made into buttons.I have a dozen buffaloes with shanks,quaters,dimes even halves and foriegn coins all dome shaped and yess....some with rolled edges.your coin looks very familiar even if not as nicely done.just a thot.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NOW THATS A RARE ARTIFACT , NICE FIND ....

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Treble. If they were going to make a ring out of it, they may have realized that it was going to be to small & stopped the project.

Very cool and possible some kid torturing a dime

Well that's not your typical Rosie!
Nice finds!

I located an old homesite in the desert we call the button house.outrageous number of buttons of all descriptions scattered about.interesting thing is how many 1940s era coins we detected that had been made into buttons.I have a dozen buffaloes with shanks,quaters,dimes even halves and foriegn coins all dome shaped and yess....some with rolled edges.your coin looks very familiar even if not as nicely done.just a thot.

Fire coin. :P

Different congrats

NOW THATS A RARE ARTIFACT , NICE FIND ....

Thanks guys, it was different for sure.

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find. I have found a couple weird rolled coins. One was a clad dime and the other a penny..odd

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread