This is what we want them to think... or is it?

okdiggermark

Nov 7, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Lesche...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LMAO! I know what you mean...do we want them thinking we're just finding little odds & ends (like we many times do), :icon_scratch: or.....eh, heck let them think whatever they want to! It's a darn fun, and sometimes rewarding :icon_pirat: hobby and we enjoy it! :thumbsup:

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
okdiggermark said:
LMAO! I know what you mean...do we want them thinking we're just finding little odds & ends (like we many times do), :icon_scratch: or.....eh, heck let them think whatever they want to! It's a darn fun, and sometimes rewarding :icon_pirat: hobby and we enjoy it! :thumbsup:

Love this video, and yes let them think what they want...
it's our little secret.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL! Maybe not so far from the truth...............at least in my case. :D

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TORRERO said:
okdiggermark said:

Love this video, and yes let them think what they want...
it's our little secret.

on the other hand it looks like we are bumbling nerdy bafoons hunting for pennies.

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and I don't care for the finder keepers title... because most of us will give back something is found if we can locate the owner!

Chukers

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that video has beach hunters put in the right picture for that is what every one see's us as....... That video has been out for a few years now ................... I still get a good laugh evertime i see it............... It don't bother me i think it's funny........ I like it.....

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chukers said:
on the other hand it looks like we are bumbling nerdy bafoons hunting for pennies.

That's fine with me! If it keeps down the competition, and keeps the thieves from thinking we are carrying around thousands of dollars in jewelry when they see us.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure we're made fun of anywhere someone sees us swinging away like we are swinging a grass whip just to find pennies in the sand. We spend thousands of dollars on a dodad that we think will go deeper than anything we've used before and cuss it out when we find another hairpin at 2 foot. But we do find the gold and silver goodie too. However we don't do it for the money, but the fun of "Is this the big one?" We'd make more money working part time at a fast food joint and would get to sneak a fry once in awhile too. I know I've done this for years full time living on the beaches. :tongue3:

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And maybe the reality is that it's not so much what we find, as what we feel like when we find it.
That wonderful rush of Adrenalin when we pull that Gold ring, silver bangle, Indian Head cent, Bust Dime, Civil War buckle, or Confederate button out of the ground, the rush the feeling that I have something that no one has touched in years.
It does not seem to mater to me if the wheat penny is worth 1 cent or $300
Most here will say for sure they will never sell that Belt buckle, or Large cent....
So it can't be for the money..
But as soon as I find it.... My machine is back on the ground trying to find another or something better....
So the truth is it's not what we find that makes this so great, but what we feel inside when we find it..
I have a relatively large collection of stuff from metal detecting, but when I'm out walking I don't
even consider this I am just hoping for something "Good" to come out of the ground so I can feel like
Christmas all over again !! YYYEEE HAAAAA !!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TORRERO said:
And maybe the reality is that it's not so much what we find, as what we feel like when we find it.
That wonderful rush of Adrenalin when we pull that Gold ring, silver bangle, Indian Head cent, Bust Dime, Civil War buckle, or Confederate button out of the ground, the rush the feeling that I have something that no one has touched in years.
It does not seem to mater to me if the wheat penny is worth 1 cent or $300
Most here will say for sure they will never sell that Belt buckle, or Large cent....
So it can't be for the money..
But as soon as I find it.... My machine is back on the ground trying to find another or something better....
So the truth is it's not what we find that makes this so great, but what we feel inside when we find it..
I have a relatively large collection of stuff from metal detecting, but when I'm out walking I don't
even consider this I am just hoping for something "Good" to come out of the ground so I can feel like
Christmas all over again !! YYYEEE HAAAAA !!
I think most of us feel the same way...I know I do....well said. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dirty Money

Sep 21, 2010
Saginaw, MI
Detector(s) used
White's MX5 w/ 8X6 SEF, Garrett Pro-Pointer, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not for the money. It's for the cold beer at the end of the hunt. :laughing7: :laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dirty Money said:
It's not for the money. It's for the cold beer at the end of the hunt. :laughing7: :laughing7:
Now youve got the right attitude!! :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chukers, this video is too funny! It looks like the dude does not care about anything, he's cool minding his own business. What the bud commercial guys probably don't know, I have seen guys just like him, (And they have OVER $500,000 in the Bank! No wonder they don't care!)

OP
OP
chukers

chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
goldentruth said:
Chukers, this video is too funny! It looks like the dude does not care about anything, he's cool minding his own business. What the bud commercial guys probably don't know, I have seen guys just like him, (And they have OVER $500,000 in the Bank! No wonder they don't care!)

I bet you are right... I wouldn't care either if I had their bank account! Live off the interest!

Chukers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread