What's new

This is why you dig those pull tab signals

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2011
Messages
1,734
Reaction score
2,760
Golden Thread
0
Location
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, Nokta Triple Score, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's nothing fancy but it's still a nice ring find. I was digging pull tabs quite often when I hit on the ring. It was the same signal as the pull tabs but I still dig and collect them because chances are I would probably be back to the same park and I would rather not pick up the same signals. Plus I have found a number of rings & jewelry pieces that ring up the same VDI as pull tabs. You never know!

And it took me a little bit to figure out what the two large flat discs were. Then I noticed one of them had a reeded edge. There are train tracks nearby so some kids had a train flatten them. :laughing7:
 

Attachments

  • Wheatie & ring.webp
    Wheatie & ring.webp
    283.3 KB · Views: 180
  • Coins.webp
    Coins.webp
    308.9 KB · Views: 172
  • Flattened.webp
    Flattened.webp
    85.1 KB · Views: 141
Someday my pull tab signal will be a surprise like you got - otherwise I'm like Dory the fish - "Just keep digging, just keep digging"

Congrats!
 
Someday my pull tab signal will be a surprise like you got - otherwise I'm like Dory the fish - "Just keep digging, just keep digging"

Congrats!

Believe me, persistence pays off. Whenever I get frustrated digging what seems like trash piece after trash piece, I just think back to the incredible finds I have made in the past. That will keep you motivated. :icon_thumright:
 
I remember putting pennies on the rails when I was a little kid in Texas. :icon_thumright:
 
Congrats on the great ring find! About how many pulltabs did you dig that day to find that beauty!
 
WTG, best disc. is your digger! :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on the great ring find! About how many pulltabs did you dig that day to find that beauty!

Not too many. Perhaps 15 to 20. The park I was detecting turned out to be pretty clean. I believe detectorists have been there many times before but this new XP Deus is proving to be a game changer.
 
Congrats on the Gold!!
Looks like an older one
 
Nice ring, looks older to me too. WTG digging those signals! :icon_thumright:

HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom