My, my - we ARE a cynical bunch, aren't we

And we all agree.
I don't even want to hear about Obama - in case you haven't noticed, this has been going on forever - we have been taught to "compromise".
The government (or environmental group) wants 1000 acres. We say "no". We go to meetings, write letters, the whole bit. Then, the government
(or environmental group) says - in some court somewhere - "they are not dealing in good faith". So, we have to deal in good faith. The government (or environmental group) says: "well, we can probably do what we want with 200 acres". The "people" fight back - no, that's too
much. You can have 100. The government (or environmental group) says " ok". We have a win-win situation. My arse - the "people" have just
LOST - 100 acres.
Pretty soon,
we are going to be the endangered species.
And, even though I really believe that the majority of folks feel this way - we are not "organized" - like the government (or environmental group).
Hmmmm, I see a trend in my post
Beth