What's new

This one stumps me?

jgas

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2008
Messages
3,826
Reaction score
2,753
Golden Thread
1
Location
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Went on a privy dig the other day and dug this bottle from around 8 feet deep. This was an 1880/90's pit by the looks of the other stuff we got out. But this one has me stumped insofar as the wording. I think it is an anointment oil or Holy Water or something to that effect. The script reads: Markas De Fabricus Oleo De Salvacion AG Meyer & Co.
There is a distictive Nun with the Cross and a Rosary an she appears to be holding up a bottle of this brand.
Maybe someone can translate for me what it says and maybe give me some insight on rarity because I have nver seen one before. Thanks for any and all replies. I will post the other stuff on Todays Finds as well as the bottle Forum. Thansk again and sorry about the rough pics. :-[ Jgas
 

Attachments

  • Nap 8.webp
    Nap 8.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 498
  • Nap 9.webp
    Nap 9.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 501
  • Nap 10.webp
    Nap 10.webp
    29 KB · Views: 493
  • Nap 11.webp
    Nap 11.webp
    69.4 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks Mack and Breezie, yep I think this is some Holy Oil for sure. It was a nice dig. I am going to give it to my Priest on Sunday. I think he would like it. I shall mark this one solved. Thanks again for the replies. jgas
 
Upvote 0
I'm sitting here laughing my a-- off. My crazy son who is visiting was looking over my shoulder. He said it was a bottle of mineral oil and the nun was sitting on the john pointing to heaven and giving praise that it worked! ;D M ::) nty
 
Upvote 0
Ha...Good one Monty, send that kid to confession! :tongue3: jgas
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom