Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Safari
Fisher F75+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last week my friend scored permission for us to detect an 1800s property we thought might produce a few period coins and relics.
Last Saturday showed some promise as he found an 1899 V nickel, 1905 IHC, and a few relics including a watch fob with the Great Seal on it.
I found an 1865 2c piece, a 1902 IHC and an Eagle button.

He went for about an hour in the middle of the week to kill a little time and got an 1860 and a 1907 IHC.

We met up today after the rain to see what else the ground would give up. About an hour into the hunt and not finding anything but square nails, I head for my truck to get a drink when the deus very persuasively informs me of a target that I need to dig. Like, right now, the
drink will have to wait- Out pops a 1906 D Barber quarter! Next swing of the coil sniffs out a nice 1919 S wheatie. After finally consuming my refreshment, continued to hunt finding no other significant targets this day. I did get to witness my friend finding 1897 and 1906 V nickels along with 1863 and 1900 IHCs.
Kind of enjoying digging very, very little modern trash and the newest coin this site has given up so far is the 1919S wheatie. No clad whatsoever thus far.

And the irony......
This is the 2nd Barber quarter in a week for me, but really wanting to find a nice pre-1900 V nickel. Friend has never found a Barber quarter. (But has witnessed all 3 of mine) maybe we need to swap detectors on the next hunt.
What is the learning curve like going from deus to at pro?

Thanks for looking and happy hunting!

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    364.4 KB · Views: 96
  • image.png
    image.png
    381.7 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 8

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are sweet finds permissions are the way to go I haven't yet but need to keep it up!!Thanks for sharing your finds

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your finds and the great permission. Indiana offers some great opportunity. Some areas date before the French and Indian war. Keep up the good work! If you switch to the at pro, that would be a good location to learn it. Anywhere with modern trash would take some time to adjust.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi-ho big silver , love those Barbie 25 ers !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread