this police officer should be in jail

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
monty seems like a possible mental case teen --that when told to bathe by her mom became enraged and distructive and "outta control" -- the mom was not able to regain control over her --so she sought help from the police -- the kid would not listen or calm down and attacked the responding officer by kicking him in the jewels -- the officer then with the moms ok stun gunned her to regain control of the scene.

thats the read I feel off of this.

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
As usual there seems to be a lot more going on in this situation then got reported in the newspaper. Even the Mayor wants an outside agency to investigate it. I still don't see how a 10 year old kid (girl or boy) needs to be tasered under any circumstances.

Monty, what would you like to bet that this wasn't the first time the police had been to this residence before this incident?

Charlie

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
When I was a cop we were trained to do our best to win the respect of children and teach them not to be afraid so they wouldn't hesitate to come to us if they needed help. Several times I had some mom call for a policeman to come out to correct their kids for them. An example would have been the mom in this example, "My ten year old daughter won't take a bath." "What do you want the police officer to do"? " Come out and scare her"! That use to make me furious at the mom. A policeman who goes around scaring little kids isn't much of a policeman in my book and that mom isn't much of a mom. He should have said, "Here little girl, I'll let you taze your mom if you will go and take your bath"! Now tht would be justice. Monty

:thumbsup:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty embarrassing to watch some here defending something like this, clearly a 10 year old child should not be tased, "kicked in the jewels", as one poster has pointed out half a dozen times, or not.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
question I've got is this. how do we know that this mother isn't one of those welfare rats, that refuses to get off her butt
and do any kind of disciplining? for all we know she could be one of those moms that counts to the children.
you know, if you don't do it by the count of three, I'll.......and the child is thinking, what, sit on your a$$ and drink another beer.
we just don't know.
Monty is right thou, police are not here to scare children, they are here to protect people.
it's a parents job to discipline their children

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Sniffer said:
question I've got is this. how do we know that this mother isn't one of those welfare rats, that refuses to get off her butt
and do any kind of disciplining? for all we know she could be one of those moms that counts to the children.
you know, if you don't do it by the count of three, I'll.......and the child is thinking, what, sit on your a$$ and drink another beer.
we just don't know.
Monty is right thou, police are not here to scare children, they are here to protect people.
it's a parents job to discipline their children
I disagree. How many of you have used the bogeyman ploy i.e. If ya don't shudup and behave
I'm gunna call da cops on ya.

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
problem is, if you use that threat and don't follow through, what kind of threat will you use in the future?
I call..........the FBI ?

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
Sniffer said:
problem is, if you use that threat and don't follow through, what kind of threat will you use in the future?
I call..........the FBI ?
LOL
By then we hope they have grown up although I have called the cops on my wayward
son twice.

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
Horrible is all I can Say, let the CHILD tase the "COP"

And for you TT, quit changing your flag and screen name!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
ok let a 10 year kick you in the "jewels" with all their might and then you tell me whats the "right level of force" to use to control em , no one gets a "free shot" like that at any age peroid, in in my book (you can not let them get over with the "I'm just a kid ploy" at that age --they do know better than to do that) --- I say if your old nuff to fight dirty like a grown up -- yer old nuff to suffer the results of your actions .

if a grown up kicked a cop in the jewels and the cops tazed em --no one would say jack == however its seems that the kid needed to learn that "bad actions"( ie kicking cops in the jewels ) leads to bad results -- (she got tazed ) -- uh lesson learned --some lessons in life are painful *like a toddler sticking a bobbypin in the electrical outlet --not good -- bet lil JR will not be doing that again wanna bet?

bad actions lead to negative attention --seems 2 valuible lessons was learned here--- one on both sides --the cop learned to not get too close to out of control teens and the teen learned to not assault the police (or esle).

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I've seen 2 different reports about this, one includes the jewel shot, the other no mention.
I can understand losing control in that situation, however they are supposed to be trained to handle almost any situation
I don't think tasing a 10 year old is the answer.
they didn't say what the size difference was, but I'm guessing around 60+ lbs advantage for the cop
he used a taser with 30,000 to 50,000 volts, that much voltage has killed people twice her size

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ivan salis said:
ok let a 10 year kick you in the "jewels" with all their might and then you tell me whats the "right level of force" to use to control em , no one gets a "free shot" like that at any age peroid, in in my book (you can not let them get over with the "I'm just a kid ploy" at that age --they do know better than to do that) --- I say if your old nuff to fight dirty like a grown up -- yer old nuff to suffer the results of your actions .

if a grown up kicked a cop in the jewels and the cops tazed em --no one would say jack == however its seems that the kid needed to learn that "bad actions"( ie kicking cops in the jewels ) leads to bad results -- (she got tazed ) -- uh lesson learned --some lessons in life are painful *like a toddler sticking a bobbypin in the electrical outlet --not good -- bet lil JR will not be doing that again wanna bet?

bad actions lead to negative attention --seems 2 valuible lessons was learned here--- one on both sides --the cop learned to not get too close to out of control teens and the teen learned to not assault the police (or esle).

I have been kicked in the gnads by little girls, they got a nice spanking for it and wouldn't do it again.
Of course, I could have gave them a real good lesson, picked them up by the hair and slapped them around, then fractured their little arms - As adults, we don't have the same reaction to transgressions that another adult would cause ,,, Gender is most certainly a factor too.
Haven't you ever been slapped by a female ? What do you do, fly into a red hot rage and bust their teeth out ?
I've been whacked quite a few times by females, probably rightly so the majority of times. I laugh about it, which tends to piss them off even more, then if they come flying at me, they get wrestled into a compromising position, and told to settle down.
Sounds to me that you're wound up a little too tight.

Kids do get free passes in many, many areas, I'm guessing you never were a parent of little girls ivan - And since when is a 10 year old child classified as a teen ?

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It often bothers me that - these parents who are raising these kids that we are complaining about - are OUR kids - it's my kid's who are raising pre-teens and teens now. One of my grandsons just turned 14, another is almost 13, one - granddaughter 10 - grandson - 5. It is MY kids who are raising these kids. One of my kids does not believe in any kind of corporal punishment - my daughter and other son, do have the "spare the rod, spoil the child" attitude.

The other thing that often bothers me - in this situation and many others - this country needs to figure out what "age of consent" is. If a child has sex at 14, it is rape if the boyfriend is over 18. If that same 14 year old commits a terrible crime, they instantly, somehow, become adults, to be tried as adults.

A 17 year old can be in our armed services, protect out country with their lives, trained to use guns - but cannot vote or drink? What are the kids in this generation caught in the middle of? We, as the older crowd don't have a concrete "right and wrong" philosophy on anything in that area - where does that leave the children?

It's gotten to the point that your children can put you in jail - for corporal punishment - and I'm not referring to beating up a kid, I'm talking about a smack in the rear.

There is no logic, or rhyme or reason to the way society is handling parents and children. How can we honestly think that there is a "normal" family unit, when there is no "normal" in our society?

I am going to add that police today are not the same people they were when Monty was a policeman. Terrible things have happened - done by police, in the name of law and order, that we would not have accepted back in the day. Police brutality is no longer even "seen" very often - cops get off on a continuous basis now. They are definitely NOT the poster children that they used to be.

Not that there are not good cops - but, they are definitely getting to be more in the minority. They are scared, plain and simple. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "well, you never know what you are going to walk into" - well, they are in the wrong job if their first few reactions include violence against a person who is considered innocent until proven guilty. There are a couple of cops in my family - one is a NYC cop - and James has never had to "taze" anyone to calm them down, or handcuff them. Much like an older (now deceased) cop in my family - before tazers, he never chased someone into an accident - and somehow was still able to get the culprit, and, on a regular basis, was able to subdue a suspect, without getting hurt, without causing possible serious bodily harm.

What is different today than 20-40 years ago??

B

OP
OP
sniffer

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the difference is cops get away with abusing their power. Rodney King comes to mind. they had video tape of that and the cops were still acquitted

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
mrs.oroblanco said:
What is different today than 20-40 years ago??

B

In an nutshell, that was before all the "isms" and their associated baggage kicked into high gear.
Feminism, idealism, liberalism, multiculturalism, marxism, gay rights, minority rights, immigrant rights, criminal rights, to name just a few.
All of these unhealthy ideals were held in check with the contempt that they deserve for generations, but with the spawning of the hippy movement in the mid 1960's, which preached "do what you want, when you want, however you want to do it", that began to change.
Instead of collectively doing whats best for the country as a whole, as any healthy society does, we have let ourselves become fractured - With everyone one and every group, it seems, caring only about whats best for them.
We have become divided, as if by a chasm on the moon, by race, ethnicity, religion, class, sexual preferences, language, customs, culture, heritage ,,, And theres no end in sight, with other special interest groups sprouting up like poison mushrooms on a dank forest floor, all demanding that their views be put out front.
So the common bonds which have historically formed what is known as a "country" - Namely common language, religion, race, customs, culture & heritage ... Mean nothing now to so many people.
They are in it for themselves, or their particular ethnic/religious group - Welcome to the joys of "multiculturalism", the daddy of all isms and one of, if not thee, most pronounced and drastic failures this world has ever known ,,, And just another term for "social anarchy".

So its little wonder that these partisan, myopic views are picked up by children, and we see the increasing behavioral problems that are becoming the norm - As they go through the natural process of trying to figure out their place in this society they become boggled out and baffled, and strike out at anyone who doesn't treat them as the center of the universe that they have grown up believing they are.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniffer,

That's one of many instances that come to mind, but that is definitely one of them.

I read dozens and dozens of articles, and seen on tv, cops who kill suspects without a warrant to even go into their homes, or have the wrong home, or don't identify themselves and wonder why a guy would wake up and grab a gun when someone smashes in their door in the middle of the night.

It Pa, they pretty much bombed an entire city block to get some criminals out - set the entire block on fire - but the suspect wasn't even there.

It's a wonder my brother isn't in jail for something similar - he bought a foreclosed home - and about 3 months after he moved in, the cops came haulin arse in - for the brother of the guy that used to live there. They broke his door and a window in Springfield, Mass - and after turning the place upside down (after putting him in handcuffs), THEN they let him get his pants and prove who he was. This was about 2 years ago. Oh, and then they checked to see if he was wanted for anything............. How much of that mess did they get to pay for - none. And all cops were determined to just be "doing their jobs", and wouldn't have even made the papers, if we (the family) didn't bring it up.

If he hadn't been new to the house, and got a tad confused as to where his closet was, he probably would have pulled out a gun too.

I hate watching the show "cops" because what they think is justice, I think is mostly untempered brutality. It is not a cops job to be judge and jury and executioner.

Xraywolf,

That's part of what I mean - I was raising MY kids in the 60's. They were not free to do whatever they wanted to. But, that puts my age group right into the middle of being the grandparents of what kids are doing today. Our kids are raising these kids.

B

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I have two daughters, 13 and 14, that I have raised without their mother since they were 6 and 7. They know right from wrong and have respect for themselves and others. I don't have to worry about them kicking a cop or anyone else in the nuts because I have raised them right. I am certain they will never have to be tased because I am doing my job...and I am proud of that. I really doubt if this so called mom that said it was ok for this cop to taser her daughter can say the same thing. I wonder what this cops Dad thinks of his son for tasing a little girl?

Charlie

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What an absolutely disgusting display by both the "mother" and the friggin cop.
I figured this was a white girl, cop probably would already have been in jail if he did this to a black child.

Cop Tases 10-Year-Old Girl
Arkansas mother suggested stun gun treatment for unruly daughter

NOVEMBER 18--An Arkansas cop tasered an unruly 10-year-old girl after her mother called police to report that the child was crying, screaming, and refusing to go to bed. The tased girl, Kiara Medlock, is about 65 pounds and 4' 6", according to her father. Anthony Medlock, a truck driver who does not live with the fifth grader and her mother, provided TSG with a recent photo of his daughter, which can be seen at right. According to the below Ozark Police Department report, when Officer Dustin Bradshaw arrived at the residence last Thursday, he found the girl "screaming, kicking, and resisting every time her mother tried to touch her." Bradshaw added that, "Her mother told me to tase her if I needed to." After Kiara continued to refuse her mother's instructions, the cop concluded that "there was not going to be a peaceful resolution of the issue." Bradshaw warned the girl that she was "going to jail," but the child continued kicking and crying and resisted his attempt to handcuff her. During the tussle, Kiara "struck me with her legs and feet in the groin, reported Bradshaw, who countered with a brief "stun to her back" with his Taser. The child, not surprisingly, "immediately stopped resisting and was placed into handcuffs. She would not walk on her own and I had to carry her to my police car." Kiara was then transported to a youth shelter.

1118091inside3.jpg

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/1118091taser1.html

Jimmy(PA)

Jan 3, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75 and a Minelab Explorer XS with Gray Ghost Originals
I dont know about you guys but when I was a kid and this was in the 80's and we were doing something dumb the beat cops would come up and whack us with a blackjack, my grandpop said they use to smack the hell out of them as kids when they got cought trying to sneak into the movies and stuff. No one ever made a big deal out of it, now the parents will try to sue the city and all kinds of drama is bound to follow. :dontknow:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got whacked by cops as a teen, much worse than them were the teachers.
One guy in particular, Stapanowski, was notorious for smacking kids, nothing ever happened.
He lifted me up and slammed me into a locker and got his forearm right under my throat one time, pretty much cutting of my air supply.
I'd like to run into that bastard if hes still alive, old man or not I would honestly smack the shit right out of him, swear to god I would.
If he was on a breather with a walking cane I'd trip his ass and spit on him and say "Remember me, Mr Stap ?

A rogue shop teacher flat out beat the crap out of me between classes, no one else around but me and him, and the shop was in a basement like a dungeon.
I thought this guy was going to kill me, I finally got away, had a bloody nose, various scratches and bruises.
I went to the principals office and said I wasn't going to shop class any more, he said oh yeah, why not ?
I said because Mr W just beat the shit out of me thats why, he said oh, Ok. We'll put you in another class then.
They put me in Home Ec, which I hated at first, but being the only guy in a class full of girls had its attractions, I soon found out.
I did get even with Mr W, his name was Weinlander and I believe he was a former Nazi concentration camp guard, no lie.
Lets see, this was the late 1970's, he must have been about 50 then, had a German accent & name.
Can't say what I did cause its highly illegal what I did ,,, But nothing ever happened, guy kept right on teaching as if nothing happened.
No conferences, no police report, no lawsuits, nothing. Just didn't work that way back then, I guess.
I didn't even tell my parents, my dad would have walked right in the class and knocked him out cold, but I thought, I'll take care of this ,, And I did.

Principle had one of those big ass whopping paddles, with holes drilled into it.
I imagine that increased the velocity of the hit.
I must have taken 100's of whacks in jr high, got so where it didn't bother me that much, I'd never give them the pleasure of showing any pain.
Worse than that were the knuckle raps with the ruler, they loved to do that, especially when coming in from the cold after a snowball fight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread