What's new

✅ SOLVED This really isn't treasure or detecting related, but what is it?

creskol

Gold Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2007
Messages
13,882
Reaction score
23,351
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
Other
We have a mystery plant that has been growing in our yard. It is now close to 12 feet tall, and last night it set little flower pods as seen in the photo below. The first is a pic of my grandson standing beside the plant and the second is a pic of the flower pods.
Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 4.03.19 PM.jpg
IMG_0727.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Do you eat avocados? Looks like a volunteer avocado tree in bloom.

 
Upvote 1
I have that here but didn’t recognize it because of how tall it is. Mine only get 4-5’. They like growing where it’s been burned. Is yours growing in an old fire ring?
 
Upvote 0
I have that here but didn’t recognize it because of how tall it is. Mine only get 4-5’. They like growing where it’s been burned. Is yours growing in an old fire ring?
No.. That is my wife's flower/fern garden with black edging.
 
Upvote 0
Everything I read on burnweed/fireweed says found in New Zealand, Australia and PNW.
It must be other places as well.
I’ve not seen it here (Iowa)
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom