What's new

This site wont quit!

Helix

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2013
Messages
1,429
Reaction score
1,316
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This site won't quit!

went back to my late 1800's early 1900s picnic site today for one last adventure for the year here. Made some cool finds, 4 IHs , 3 V nickels and one very worn shield nickel. Two dimes a 1900 and a 1883 Canada dime witch was a first for me. Last but not least my favorite a super cool hat pin with what looks like a military button on the end and a sweet pocket knife that says ( THE KATY FLYER ). image.webp image.webp image.webp image.webp image.webpimage.webp Upside down pictures again, I always get confused using I pad for camera.
 
Upvote 37
"somewhat tough" I'll put it this way I have a lot more spanish silver from the 1700s than I have canadian Victorian silver. OK I'll admit part of that is because I like to hunt the oldest possible sites, where no house exists anymore.

Nothing wrong with the picture, it's clear, but the subject is small, added that this site reduces the pic. size a bit makes it even a little worse.
"IF" you want a tip...for showing small finds it helps a lot if you crop away all the stuff around a small item before uploading the pic. like this.

IMG_1648.webp

Coincidentally as you can see one of my dimes is the same year as yours.
 
Nearly missed this post. Is that a complete Hat Pin? Whats on it?
 
Nearly missed this post. Is that a complete Hat Pin? Whats on it?

I didn't word this well, you mentioned it looks like a Military Button on the end, is it? (ie. home made from a button) I wondered if its a late 19th C Patriotic emblem? Can we see close up pictures? Its the only one I remember being posted on here.
 
Nice assortment of finds like the hat pin and the dime. 5 acres is a good chunk of land to hunt. I've hit a lots of smaller sites that take years of hunting to clean them out to the point where I'm not worried about what's left behind. The present go to get a fix homestead site is under 2 acres of fields and it's not hard to get a few keepers each time I return, then again corn stalks suck and many items can be missed.

I think this site will produce many more interesting finds once the cherry picking is over, best of luck on the return hunts.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom