This time, 22 years ago, I was boarding an airplane en route to Texas.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Never Forget, never forgive.

1000003055.jpg

1000003052.jpg

1000003056.jpg

1000003054.jpg

1000003053.jpg

Creskol, if you have any objections to my post with the 911 pictures I will move it, just let me know. :icon_thumleft:

I remember every minute of the morning. I was watching on a large screen with about 20 smart businessmen as it unfolded. Everyone popping off and flippant after the first plane hit. Not me... I had a deep gut feeling something was bad wrong.

I watched as the second plane hit. I remember telling my management team that the world as they knew it was over. Not a single person in that meeting except myself was getting it and understanding we were witnessing an Earth shattering event. Weird

I, like most All Americans will never forget 911. I was on duty at Fire Sta. 23 in the Dekalb County Fire Dept., Stone Mountain, Ga. We were testing fire hose and had hose strung out everywhere. A side door to the station flung open and out came out Capt. I will never forget the look on his face. I made the comment that he looked as if he had lost his last friend. He replied that "you won't believe what just happened. He said that a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center in NY. The Capt. said that while they were filming the burning tower, a second plane crashed into the Second twin tower. He said they are both burning. We shut down operations and ran into the station and we all watched in horror without a sound, with the rest of the world, the burning Twin Towers until they both collapsed. 22 years have passed. Look at where we were as a country and Patriotism then..........now look at where we are Today. It is hard to fathom that we have reached an all time low in our country in such a short amount of time. WE MUST NEVER FORGET! God Bless America, and may God Bless all those who lost family members and friends that were lost that day. Always remember those first responders that post their lives too. God Bless those Firefighters, Police Officers, Medics, and Father Mike, (NYFD chaplain) who gave their last full measure on this day.:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Here's my memory of 9/11. My elderly aunt was killed in a car crash on 9/9. She had just left our house and was killed a mile away by an 18 wheeler that ran a red light. The funeral was on 9/13, which made it impossible for most of our out of state relatives to attend, since all planes were grounded until 9/13. So I went to a funeral two days after 9/11 with around 15 other relatives. Without a doubt, the most somber funeral I ever attended...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back