Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This weekend's finds-silver.

Headed out to the schools in my town this weekend. No one in my town of 20,000 detects but me. The schools are loaded with clad, and I haven't even scratched the surface of the coins at the schools. I decided to start out at my old jr. high. Found the 1946 rosie and the 925 cross there, along with some clad. I didn't even dig all the pennies, started to do silver range readings only. Before that I found a 1991 British penny? go figure, in Ohio.

Anyway, cudos to you guys who dig the clad. I pulled out 100 in two days of hunting and don't care to do that again. Can't wait until the mosquitos die off so I can get back to my wooded spots and old coins.

hope you all had good weekends of hunting.

Ken

Attachments

• weekend finds 001.jpg
    weekend finds 001.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 481
  • weekend finds 002.jpg
    weekend finds 002.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 480
  • weekend finds 003.jpg
    weekend finds 003.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 473
Upvote 0
Re: This weekend's finds-silver.

Okay that's just not fair. The only detectorist? Tell me where you live and I will start arranging a move right now! ;) :D

mastereagle22 said:
Okay that's just not fair. The only detectorist? Tell me where you live and I will start arranging a move right now! ;) :D

At this time I'm the only one.

There have been others in the past but no one does it anymore. ;D

I forgot to mention there's a Corona just to the left in the pictures, with lime.

Next week I think I'll hit the old high school. Maybe a ring or two there.

im not a fan of clad hunting either, but oldies are sometimes hard to come by around here. :'( i would feel pretty good about that silver cross though and even if its a roosie it is silver! nice digs!

Nice finds, it's kind of funny to see a modern quarter with a hole in it.

lost at sea said:
Nice finds, it's kind of funny to see a modern quarter with a hole in it.

That's what I was thinking. That's why I took a pic of it.

That's still a nice amount of coins for the effort. I can't knock clad....that's the only coins I've ever found since I started this spring.

BPMM

jimmatt_43 said:
Nice digs,I just happened to find a 1946 dime today too.

Cool, must be '46 roosie weekend.
Hey bedpanmoneyman. I can go get clad any day. It's the research that brings the old coins out of the ground.
Those mosquitos will keep you out of the woods and hunting clad just to get some kind of fix.

I used to only hunt the old stuff, but civilization has eaten the old places up, unless you drive a good ways away. So now I dig the clad. Looks like you still had a pretty good day.

Any silver is good, got me thinkin about that clad quarter with the hole in it? Again?? Why would someone do that ??? Look at me sportin a clad quarter! Good digs.

Hey Ken. At least you got some keepers there. :) I don't mind digging 100+ coins as long as the majority of the coins are not pennies. I hate those sites that are penny loaded and quarter lean...

Might be a week or two before the mosquitoes are not a factor.

Bob

Mirage said:
Hey Ken. At least you got some keepers there. :) I don't mind digging 100+ coins as long as the majority of the coins are not pennies. I hate those sites that are penny loaded and quarter lean...

Might be a week or two before the mosquitoes are not a factor.

Bob

Yea, Bob. A couple weeks and the leaves should be coming off too. I have a couple of super old houses out in the woods that I want to get to. Two fields in soy beans that had log cabins sitting on the corners of them. Hope the weather holds out so I can get to them all.

Thanks Nick, all.

Unlike many others on this forum I like finding clad, heck I like finding anything that isn't trash. I just enjoy actually getting out and swinging.

Like you I have 4 locations I am waiting for cooler weather for due to snake activity. BB says he isn't worried about snakes. If I was as scary looking as he is I wouldn't worry about them either. :D

You found a lot of stuff and that is a good hunt in my humble opinion. We can't all find colonials, gold coins, and tons of silver!

mastereagle22 said:
Unlike many others on this forum I like finding clad, heck I like finding anything that isn't trash. I just enjoy actually getting out and swinging.

Like you I have 4 locations I am waiting for cooler weather for due to snake activity. BB says he isn't worried about snakes. If I was as scary looking as he is I wouldn't worry about them either. :D

You found a lot of stuff and that is a good hunt in my humble opinion. We can't all find colonials, gold coins, and tons of silver!
True, but we can sure die trying.

Clad is okay, but around here they must pull hand fulls out of their pockets and toss it in the air.
The thing is I can go hunt and find clad anytime. It's nice to be able to when the mosquitos and chiggers are in season. Not putting down clad, or those who hunt clad. It's alot of work.

I just love the old stuff, when I can find it.

Ken

I've hunted there a few times and never saw anyone else. I agree, when I hit those schools no had detected them either. Congrats on the silver!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back