What's new

This Weeks Finds so far interesting

imacer

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 10, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
On Monday

I went thought a box of dimes, and found a 1942 Mercury and a 1963 Canadian dime

100_1820.webp

Yesterday My Father came back from his trip up to his summer home in Northern Wisconsin, I asked him to pick up some rolls at the local small bank in town.
they had 13 rolls in normal plain black and white wrappers

out of those the results were 2X 1964s, 2X 1967's, 1X1968, 3X1969's
Not bad better than the 1800 dollars worth of halves in boxes and finding not even a 40%

100_1822.webp

And Today I stopped in a local B of A on the way home and asked about halves, I got 35 rolls (corporate shotguns), and almost didn't even give them to me becasue I was not a account holder there.

But I did find 1X 1964 1X2003 and
1 1983 clad But has some sort of lacquer and has 1960 and 1980 punched in to the frnt side of the coin. Does anybody know about theses?

100_1823.webp

Looking forward for a better weekend
 
Upvote 0
Great finds!! Hopefully you have some more good luck this weekend!

- bigJ
 
Imacer,
I have found several of those weird halves that are gold toned, and punched with 1960 and 1980. 2 of them were 1983 coins, and another was 1985. I found out back in the 80's a guy started his own kennedy commemerative. I think they were actually dipped in gold, after they were counter stamped. The 1960 to 1980 was the 20th year anniversary of Kennedy's election from what I read. 1983 would be the 20th year from when he was killed, which is why they did that on the 1983 half dollar. I'm not sure why some of them were done on the 1985 half dollar, but I know I have one. I don't think they are worth much. I did see one on e-bay sell for around 10 bucks. I still kept them, they are kind of neat.
Nice finds for you, a lot of silver. Keep the weird counter stamped one, either way it's cool. I keep all the halves I find that are gold dipped also, got a couple the other day. Not sure why people did that, but it's kinda cool.
 
timbobwey said:
Imacer,
I have found several of those weird halves that are gold toned, and punched with 1960 and 1980. 2 of them were 1983 coins, and another was 1985. I found out back in the 80's a guy started his own kennedy commemerative. I think they were actually dipped in gold, after they were counter stamped. The 1960 to 1980 was the 20th year anniversary of Kennedy's election from what I read. 1983 would be the 20th year from when he was killed, which is why they did that on the 1983 half dollar. I'm not sure why some of them were done on the 1985 half dollar, but I know I have one. I don't think they are worth much. I did see one on e-bay sell for around 10 bucks. I still kept them, they are kind of neat.
Nice finds for you, a lot of silver. Keep the weird counter stamped one, either way it's cool. I keep all the halves I find that are gold dipped also, got a couple the other day. Not sure why people did that, but it's kinda cool.

Thanks for the explanation, I found one of these dated 1983, recently and had no idea of what it was. Mine is not gold plated, however, but appears to have been polished.


-Arkham House
 
Heard about several of those Kennedy's lately. Real nice of your Dad to help you out like that. Good score too!!
 
Good score :thumbsup: love the pictures.
 
Here you go.
 

Attachments

  • index.webp
    index.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 166
  • index.webp
    index.webp
    35.3 KB · Views: 163

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom