Garrett Freedom 2
Garrett Deepseeker ADS ll
Garrett Deepseeker TR/VLF
D-Tex RS 200
Garrett Groundhog TR/VLF
A.H. Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't coin hunted in about 38 years. I like to relic hunt. Deer Season is still going on here so that is out. MidMoTreasure has been giving me pointers on my CTX 3030 so I figured I would do some coinhunting and learn some more about this new machine. We had about 3 hrs to hunt. We went to the outskirts of town to look at a rodeo arena. We got there and I dug my first pull tab,piece of copper wire, can slaw,after about 15 minutes I spied some woods near a creek and headed for the woods. Some more junk and then a a really good signal.

Silver Rosey dime and then another and then a couple more. I'm rooting around on my hands and knees with a garrett carrot stick and they are still coming out of the hole. MidMoTreasure walks over to see what I'm digging. Then I pull out a Dr West's Toothbrush and a silver dime then a Pal razor and a Pal razor blade dispenser, some pieces of iron, a D buckle off of a western belt some silver, the tip off of the belt and some more silver dimes.

13 silver dimes. 1 1947, 1 1957, 3 1959's, 3 1961's, 1 1963, 4 1964's. No copper,no nickels. Just silver dimes.

Sorta like digging 13 minie balls out of one hole, sorta....... but it's a start for my first coin hunt and on my birthday to boot.

DSC02107.JPG

Upvote 40
Looks good to me. If they were in a very concentrated area could have once been a coin purse that was lost or a kid's cache.

One helluva day! Nice work!!! 🙌

All Rosies in one hole? what are the odds on that? Nice finds!:laughing7:

You use a dime coin roll to weight/stiffen your fist when you want to knock someone the heck out, or it's just a spill. Any teeth found nearby?!:icon_scratch:

That is awesome! I guess the best Rosies have 12 friends :occasion14:

Nice silver spill find.:occasion14:

Daaaaang! That’s pretty cool. Nice job

That's an amazing hunt .....

Nice Silver Finds.
I havent seen one of those razor blade dispensers, since the early 70's.
Nice finds..

Nice Silver Finds.
I havent seen one of those razor blade dispensers, since the early 70's.
Nice finds..

Yep. Won't ever forget all the times I saw my Ol' Man emerge from the bathroom with more than a couple swatches of blood dabbed toilet paper clinging to his face after using that kind of razor for a shave.

Nice finds. Had to be pretty cool dippin' into the the Rosie well and extracting silvers like they were sips of water! Big congratz

I'd call that a cache, Congrats! Make sure you detect the other side of the creek too, never know!

Awesome find! Check around that creek some more

That's fabulous, Moreb!

Maybe he knocked him out and shaved his head? LOL Honestly, I like the kid's cache idea best! I hope nothing happened to him but forgetfulness.

Congrats. My guess would be a rodeo cowboy campsite. Prize money wasn't that much back then. If he didn't place those lost items might have had more importance than we would think today. I do love the finds that we get to ponder.

Nice late silver spill! Maybe coin shooting is your forte after all!

John

And a Very Happy Birthday to you! Wow...what an epic spill. Wouldn't you love to know how it got there...Congrats!

Very cool! All that silver on your birthday! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Outstanding silver cache/drop...nice job! :occasion14:

IMHO: That place needs to be carefully hunted for more goodies! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back