Fropa
Hero Member
- Joined
- Feb 27, 2007
- Messages
- 511
- Reaction score
- 29
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SW Wisconsin
- Detector(s) used
- Whites XLT
The beginning of the month my regular buy bank asked if I wanted 2 bags from the counting machines at other branches in place of my regular weekly boxes. I said "Yes Please".
8 AUG I got the first bag. Not bad with 1 1958-D and a 1963-D Franklin, 3 1964, 1 1964-D, 1 1965, 1 1968-D, and 2 1969-D. Another plus was the bag count was right on.
On 12 AUG I stopped at the bank that lets my buy the bags out of their lobby counter. I picked up $50 in Cents, $100 in Nickels, and $500 in dimes. I also asked how full the half bag was. I bought the last one the end of last year and have been waiting for this one to get to $350-$400 so i could fill it and buy it. She said the bag had $45 in it.
The bag had filled up without them letting me know. I was of course very bummed. Not wanting to miss 2 bag I called another bank that has sold me their half bags and it was just under $400, so I immediately went and filled it and bought it. I picked up the second bag from my weekly bank on the way home.
The second bag from my buy bank wasn't as good as the first with only 1 1968-D and 3 quarters. It was $1.25 short.
The bag I filled was better with 1 1963-D, 1 1964-D, 1 1966, 1 1968-D, 3 1969-D, 1 1974-D DDO, 1 2005-P, a 1942 Australian Large Penny, a 1969 Swiss 2 Frank, a 1991 River boat token, and a stretched cent. The bag was $9.00 short.
The Cents had these
Plus 10 2009 and 1 2009-D Formative Years cents and 15 Canadian.
The Nickel bag had 37 pre 1960s including a 1943-P war nickel, 1 1982 British 20 Pence, and 1 Canadian.
The Dime bag only had 1 1964-D
On 20 AUG I called called the bank to see what bags they had available. They had a $50 bag of Cents, a $100 bag of Nickels, and a $500 bag of Halves. They hadn't sent them off yet so i didn't miss out.
The Halves had 1 1964-D, 1 1966, 4 1967, 6 1968-D, 1 1969-D, 1 2004-D, and 1 2007-D.
I'm glad i didn't lose this one.
The cents had these.
2 of the 2009 Formative Years are DDR (1DR-003 / CDDR-006 / WDDR-007)
and 2 had the same die crack
The nickels had 28 pre 1960s including 1943-D and 1943-S War Nickels. It also had a very crusty Buffalo Nickel
My best guess is that it's a 1919.
I also picked up my weekly box. 1 1943 Walker, 1 1967, 1 1968-D, 1 1969-D, 1 1974-D DDO, 1 2003-D, and 2 gold plated 1976-Ds.
Not a bad month so far.
8 AUG I got the first bag. Not bad with 1 1958-D and a 1963-D Franklin, 3 1964, 1 1964-D, 1 1965, 1 1968-D, and 2 1969-D. Another plus was the bag count was right on.
On 12 AUG I stopped at the bank that lets my buy the bags out of their lobby counter. I picked up $50 in Cents, $100 in Nickels, and $500 in dimes. I also asked how full the half bag was. I bought the last one the end of last year and have been waiting for this one to get to $350-$400 so i could fill it and buy it. She said the bag had $45 in it.
The bag had filled up without them letting me know. I was of course very bummed. Not wanting to miss 2 bag I called another bank that has sold me their half bags and it was just under $400, so I immediately went and filled it and bought it. I picked up the second bag from my weekly bank on the way home.The second bag from my buy bank wasn't as good as the first with only 1 1968-D and 3 quarters. It was $1.25 short.
The bag I filled was better with 1 1963-D, 1 1964-D, 1 1966, 1 1968-D, 3 1969-D, 1 1974-D DDO, 1 2005-P, a 1942 Australian Large Penny, a 1969 Swiss 2 Frank, a 1991 River boat token, and a stretched cent. The bag was $9.00 short.
The Cents had these
Plus 10 2009 and 1 2009-D Formative Years cents and 15 Canadian.
The Nickel bag had 37 pre 1960s including a 1943-P war nickel, 1 1982 British 20 Pence, and 1 Canadian.
The Dime bag only had 1 1964-D
On 20 AUG I called called the bank to see what bags they had available. They had a $50 bag of Cents, a $100 bag of Nickels, and a $500 bag of Halves. They hadn't sent them off yet so i didn't miss out.
The Halves had 1 1964-D, 1 1966, 4 1967, 6 1968-D, 1 1969-D, 1 2004-D, and 1 2007-D.
I'm glad i didn't lose this one.
The cents had these.
2 of the 2009 Formative Years are DDR (1DR-003 / CDDR-006 / WDDR-007)
and 2 had the same die crack
The nickels had 28 pre 1960s including 1943-D and 1943-S War Nickels. It also had a very crusty Buffalo Nickel
My best guess is that it's a 1919.
I also picked up my weekly box. 1 1943 Walker, 1 1967, 1 1968-D, 1 1969-D, 1 1974-D DDO, 1 2003-D, and 2 gold plated 1976-Ds.
Not a bad month so far.
Upvote
0







