Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi everyone.friday is my day off but couldnot go far.usually get out m.ding for the day but this week busy so only had an hour.so i tried my luck at the local playpark and its got woodchips.didn,t have much luck at all and didn,t even find a coin. the finds where a [a.a] battery, pull tab,2 allo bottle tops and a strip of steel and piece of wire.some have all the luck.anyway a pic of the park and a bad pic of bad finds if anyone cares :D :D :D

tinpan

Attachments

• prk with wood chips003.jpg
    prk with wood chips003.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 696
Upvote 0
finds

Attachments

• prk with wood chips007.jpg
    prk with wood chips007.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 707
Bet someone beat you to it.. I have one park near me thats always clean like that. then another right down the street that gives up a few bucks every couple of weeks. Try another I'm sure you'll do better

Sounds like some of my park hunts, LOL! Good you got out anyway. HH, Mike

after seeing how great b-doo does i've hit eight different "chip" parks this week,no jewerly,$5.57 in change

hi bomber , at least that clad will pay for the fuel to the next park. ;D ;D ;D

tinpan

Ya never know till you try TP. :) Maybe the next park will be good to ya. ;) I'm sure it was fun just to get out and play.

Nana :)

Tinpan, don't worry about it. It can't get much worse. Next time out will seem GREAT! ;D

RJ

We had a psychotic sweetheart that was burying razor blades in the wood chips. Caught her a second time while waiting for her trial.

Hopefully, MD'ers can provide a periodic public service by checking local playgrounds for blades, nails and other objects that may cause harm to innocent children.

Unfortunately, broken glass cannot be detected.

It would be good public relations to let local Police, Parks & recreation staff, and elementary school principals know that you are available on an as-needed basis.

A good way to get permission to hunt otherwise closed facilities.

Sounds like we're having the same kind of luck lately! But keep your spirits high, because mine are and I know I'm finding something AWESOME next time I go out!!

tinpan said:
hi everyone.friday is my day off but couldnot go far.usually get out m.ding for the day but this week busy so only had an hour.so i tried my luck at the local playpark and its got woodchips.didn,t have much luck at all and didn,t even find a coin. the finds where a [a.a] battery, pull tab,2 allo bottle tops and a strip of steel and piece of wire.some have all the luck.anyway a pic of the park and a bad pic of bad finds if anyone cares :D :D :D

tinpan

LOL! I've got to keep this thread ;D This is a little different from your normal finds..eh? ;D

I've also beem tempted to check our local playground. Better do it someday.

Badger

I am always amazed at the number of sharp objects I pull out of a local sand volley ball court at the park. It all goes in the trash can. The park is always much cleaner after I leave than before I get there.

stefen said:
We had a psychotic sweetheart that was burying razor blades in the wood chips. Caught her a second time while waiting for her trial.

Hopefully, MD'ers can provide a periodic public service by checking local playgrounds for blades, nails and other objects that may cause harm to innocent children.

Unfortunately, broken glass cannot be detected.

It would be good public relations to let local Police, Parks & recreation staff, and elementary school principals know that you are available on an as-needed basis.

A good way to get permission to hunt otherwise closed facilities.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back