What's new

Thought it was a ring when dug

Iron Patch

Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2007
Messages
19,276
Reaction score
8,953
Golden Thread
3
Location
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But not now.
 

Attachments

  • un3.webp
    un3.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 761
  • un4.webp
    un4.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 756
Could it be a brooch IP? I assume its not suppose to be bent up on the back like that?
 
Upvote 0
I have seen similar openwork buttons
 
Upvote 0
I know you guys are gonna think i am nuts, but to me it looks like a centre piece of a early draw handle, obviously there would have been alot more attached.

Ok back to the funny farm. :binkybaby:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
I have seen similar openwork buttons


So have I. I don't get that feel for this one though, but should peek on the inside and see if there's the remains of a shank.
 
Upvote 0
Top piece of a hairpin or hatpin
 
Upvote 0
I think were gonna have to see whats on the back to see what it was/is. It's a nice looking piece anyway :thumbsup:

HH Charlie
 
Upvote 0
Dang!I know I have seen those,and I just cant place where,or what it was! :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
mile-ender said:
Top piece of a hairpin or hatpin

that is a contender :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
mile-ender said:
Top piece of a hairpin or hatpin

that is a contender :icon_thumright:
Yeah, I dug one last month or so - the pin broke though, as I was cleaning the dirt out :'( - and I can't figure for the life of me where I've put it. When I find it I'll post a pic.
In the meantime IP take a toothpick and see if you can't get that dirt (rust?) out - I'm pretty sure you'll see where the pin would've been.
 
Upvote 0
mile-ender said:
CRUSADER said:
mile-ender said:
Top piece of a hairpin or hatpin

that is a contender :icon_thumright:
Yeah, I dug one last month or so - the pin broke though, as I was cleaning the dirt out :'( - and I can't figure for the life of me where I've put it. When I find it I'll post a pic.
In the meantime IP take a toothpick and see if you can't get that dirt (rust?) out - I'm pretty sure you'll see where the pin would've been.


It's somewhere mixed in with the rest of this years finds. I might dig it out later, but really didn't expect this one to come up again.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom