What's new

thought it was button..but no..so need an id if poss...

Des from down under

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2009
Messages
470
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
taupo
Detector(s) used
garett 1500 gti and T2 ltd, garrett propointer
I dug this at an old fort, along with a button of the 1860 era..same size as a tunic button but it has three holes that show a small countersink ,like for screws..do uou think it would be a toggle fastning of a wagon or something like that.????
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0001.webp
    DSCF0001.webp
    102.9 KB · Views: 327
That thing looks very familiar Des. Can you post a pic of the back and give us a diameter?

Side view too if possible.
 
Upvote 0
RPG said:
That thing looks very familiar Des. Can you post a pic of the back and give us a diameter?

Side view too if possible.

I agree with RPG, it looks familiar.....I bet it hit like a train under the ground though!
 
Upvote 0
thanks guys here are two more pics of it..it is 7/8th of an inch in diameter...
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0001.webp
    DSCF0001.webp
    46.6 KB · Views: 287
  • DSCF0003.webp
    DSCF0003.webp
    71.5 KB · Views: 276
Upvote 0
I wonder if it might be the base to a terret off of a team pad?
 
Upvote 0
Des, it looks like the top pivot of a lazy Susan cabinet hardware.
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
Broken knee said:
Des, it looks like the top pivot of a lazy Susan cabinet hardware.
Broken Knee
I have in my cabinet what you are referring to and this item does indeed resemble the mounting plate or base. I use it to hold coffee mugs. However, in order for the base to be fastened to the underside of the shelf, there cannot be any protrusions as we see in the pic. It has to be flat.
I can definitely see what you mean though.
 
Upvote 0
GopherDaGold said:
Broken knee said:
Des, it looks like the top pivot of a lazy Susan cabinet hardware.
Broken Knee
I have in my cabinet what you are referring to and this item does indeed resemble the mounting plate or base. I use it to hold coffee mugs. However, in order for the base to be fastened to the underside of the shelf, there cannot be any protrusions as we see in the pic. It has to be flat.
I can definitely see what you mean though.
GD, the short end went into a pilot hole in the top of the cab to hold it centered during installation.
Broken Knee
 
Upvote 0
I suppose so. Mine didn't require a pilot hole but there are many styles available.
 
Upvote 0
Just a though - Sort of reminds me of the old metal golf shoe spikes.
 
Upvote 0
Could it be some kind of spinner toy?
 
Upvote 0
I think it is part of a watch or clocks innards. The gear has rusted off, but it looks like a counter weight. Just a guess! HH Skypilot
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom