Thoughts on CITI (C and CIT)

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
Anyone that got a bailout I'm not messing with. I've been hearing the only thing driving there price up at the moment is all the people wanting to short them. But long? I don't know I'd pick another bank if it was me. May not be the huge gains, but I could sleep knowing my money was still there.

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too was contemplating these 2 stocks and had them on my watch lists for months. Lots of volume, and volatility, but C doesn't look like its going anywhere in the near term, and same goes for CITI, therefore, I've dropped them from my watch list, I think I read something about CIT near bankruptcy, too risky and both are in debt bigtime so I'm staying away from these 2. Just my thoughts..............Rich

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE.........Kramer said today on CNBC that (C) is a buy and should be a $12 stock by 2012. I 'm considering buying some at these low prices $4.18 as of 11/10/09. Good luck if you buy.

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought some (C) today (11/11/09) @ $4.18. Will hold for awhile, and hope for the best and see where it goes.

Still holding, and bought more (C) today (3/10/10) @ $4.02 a share. Lots of positive news on (C) recently, all analysts that I read says Citigroup is doing a turnaround with a target price of $12 per share in 2012, and is a bargain at these prices out of all the bank stocks. Up 12% this past week, and 4% today. Enjoying the ride.............

ken(Toronto)

Mar 7, 2008
Just bought some C @ $3.82 a while back.
It's @ $4.62 today
Some big portfolio managers bought a whole bunch; one bought $700 million worth a few weeks ago.
It's supposedly safe now, and not go bankrupt.

Ken

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich in Central PA said:
Bought some (C) today (11/11/09) @ $4.18. Will hold for awhile, and hope for the best and see where it goes.

Still holding, and bought more (C) today (3/10/10) @ $4.02 a share. Lots of positive news on (C) recently, all analysts that I read says Citigroup is doing a turnaround with a target price of $12 per share in 2012, and is a bargain at these prices out of all the bank stocks. Up 12% this past week, and 4% today. Enjoying the ride.............

Unloaded all my (C) shares @ $4.74 on 12/10/10 and @ $5.1201 on 1/4/11 prior to their quarterly earnings report for a fairly nice profit. Did something right for a change, C tanked after reporting.
I would have held longer, however, I suspect a reverse split on the horizon, had to get out before that happens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions