Thoughts to ponder on

mag

Jun 8, 2007
Amazing hunt yesterday
Noticed on the way home from work yesterday the city had cleared a small area about 15 x 30 and removed from 6 to 8 of dirt in preparation of a parking lot expansion. Being excited I rushed home to get my detector and returned to see one of my hunting friends already there. Not wanting to infringe on a small area to hunt I stopped and chatted a few minutes and return home. Later he called and his finds from this small area were eight wheat pennies and a silver war nickel. All these finds were either on top or within a couple inches in the ground, which would have been in the range of 6 to 10 in depth before construction began, well within range of the machines we used. We had hunted this area many times in the past 5 years not knowing what was just beneath the surface all that time, even though there has been three top of the line detectors used in this area many times during the past several years and I can state there were no high tones left. Now here is what I ponder, for sure, there was a combination of EMI, whether we could hear it or not, target masking or as some would say silent mask going on here all this time and we did not have a clue. Now I wonder what else is in the same area.
???

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
find out where they dumped the dirt they removed, and check that.

I would check the spot right after your friend, even though it is small you might be surprised.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread