Thoughts?

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So on the new website we are developing we are thinking about having a dynamic back end program that produces
a ZILLOW style (real estate style) map showing listings for pay to play mines, clubs, and possibly public areas open
to prospecting.
That portion of the site is not really running so I'll post a screen grab.
Doc

Gold and Gem Gazette

goldmap111111111.jpg

Upvote 0

Kenmitch

Oct 7, 2016
SoCal
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds interesting too me. Actually would be somewhat helpful to those getting into the hobby.

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds interesting too me. Actually would be somewhat helpful to those getting into the hobby.

Agreed... it would also be a nice compliment to our state by state listings.
They show a general outline of each state with rules, history, etc.
Georgia is the only active one right now.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think that's a great idea! It would help a lot of us going on vacation with the family narrow down areas to go.
P.S. Did you guys ever do the drawing for the YouTube listeners?

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that's a great idea! It would help a lot of us going on vacation with the family narrow down areas to go.
P.S. Did you guys ever do the drawing for the YouTube listeners?

Yes, great for vacations....................
Yes I think the office did draw but my pup had bone surgery so I'll post later.
Doc

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hope the surgery went well. Good for you for rescuing a dog and getting nugget the surgery he needed! A lot of people wouldn't have done that.

Goldfleks

Jan 30, 2016
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-300, Tesoro Sand Shark 10.5", Bazooka Sniper, Bazooka Prospector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On pay to prospect areas, do you often come back with profitable amounts of gold, break even, or is it a loss?

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On pay to prospect areas, do you often come back with profitable amounts of gold, break even, or is it a loss?

It will generally.... always.... be a "loss" if you are thinking of it that way.
But if you want a relaxing day, with excavated dirt to run... they are fun to visit.
Doc

hardballer

Mar 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea! My only input (and you've likely thought of this already) is to "always recommend contacting a site prior to attending ". I think it'd be a neatly impossible task to stay on top of operations that might be seasonal, change days/hours of operation or simply are no longer in business. Best of luck!

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea! My only input (and you've likely thought of this already) is to "always recommend contacting a site prior to attending ". I think it'd be a neatly impossible task to stay on top of operations that might be seasonal, change days/hours of operation or simply are no longer in business. Best of luck!

Yes, eventually we'll add a header that says CALL BEFORE YOU GO... "Mom and Pop Operations Change Daily"

lol.... so true.

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you thinking of doing gold only on pay to play operations or gems as well?

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Doc,

I like the idea in that there are a number of recreational prospectors that travel around looking for and asking about places to pan/sluice. I am in the process of mapping areas in Colorado, areas that are likely not as well know as, say Cache Creek area. Would be willing to share information as I accumulate it.

BTW - just got in a GH stream sluice. Will be testing out the next few days and filming setup and results... Looking forward to seeing how the low flow mat works on our creeks here in south Denver.

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like that idea also. A loss or not. When i prospect its almost always a loss (funds wise) but it is always profitable experience for me. Even if I dont find anything. I am out of the house, in a beautiful area listening to nothing but the water and the wildlife. It doesnt get any better than that!!

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc,

I like the idea in that there are a number of recreational prospectors that travel around looking for and asking about places to pan/sluice. I am in the process of mapping areas in Colorado, areas that are likely not as well know as, say Cache Creek area. Would be willing to share information as I accumulate it.

BTW - just got in a GH stream sluice. Will be testing out the next few days and filming setup and results... Looking forward to seeing how the low flow mat works on our creeks here in south Denver.

I've found that if you use the low flow due to low water velocity, it works best to classify to about 1/4.

The high flow mat... just dump it in.
Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread