What's new

Three Consecutive Gold Days

fsa46

Full Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2011
Messages
249
Reaction score
272
Golden Thread
0
Location
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Whites DFPI, 2 @ Excalibur II, 2 @ Sovereign GT w/ 10" & 8" Tornado coils, 2@ 10x12 SEF coils all on their own rods, Whites MXT Pro , 2@ Garrett Pro Pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.webp 004.webp

I went back to the gold fields only to find them covered with about 3' of sand and waves big enough to surf on. I went up the road only to find the same conditions.

I checked out another beach on the way home and seen some rocky areas, ( not many ) but thought I'd give it a try after the hour and a half ride.

The undertow was brutal and if I dropped my scoop it would be history. There was a lot of potential at this spot if conditions weren't so hazardous.

I only hunted an hour and fifteen minutes and managed the finds posted. Gold was one of them, a 10K, 2g engagement ring. Not a monster but under the circumstances I felt like spiking the football.

I remember my good friend Cupajo telling me he didn't get to be his age by doing stupid things. I took his advice and headed home.
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on the Golden Tickets! :occasion14:
 
terrific looking ring, fsa!

congrats on that one!

Lorraine
 
View attachment 954111 View attachment 954112 I went back to the gold fields only to find them covered with about 3' of sand and waves big enough to surf on. I went up the road only to find the same conditions. I checked out another beach on the way home and seen some rocky areas, ( not many ) but thought I'd give it a try after the hour and a half ride. The undertow was brutal and if I dropped my scoop it would be history. There was a lot of potential at this spot if conditions weren't so hazardous. I only hunted an hour and fifteen minutes and managed the finds posted. Gold was one of them, a 10K, 2g engagement ring. Not a monster but under the circumstances I felt like spiking the football. I remember my good friend Cupajo telling me he didn't get to be his age by doing stupid things. I took his advice and headed home.
Yep, gold in the scoop can sure give you that spike the ball feeling...congrats on a nice one.
 
You did the right thing young man! Like Forrest Gump said "Stupid is as Stupid does". Super finds with this kind of weather.
 
Nice Old Gold Frank, you are on the roll buddy!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom