Three " Firsts " for me in one trip to the beach !

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three " Firsts " for me in one trip to the beach !

First let me say that I love this site ! After seeing the huge amounts of loot and plunder being posted on here on a steady basis , I've decide I need to shift my metal detecting into a higher gear ! I often sat here reading other's posts and thought to myself , why don't I find something like that ? ! And I finally figured it out. I need to get off my ass , and put in the hours ! LOL. I've usually only hunted about once or twice a month , for about five years now. That's not going to fill a ring box with vast amounts of booty any time soon ! I work from 4:00pm till midnight. I've always stayed up late after work, and then slept in the next morning , like a lazy turd. So the other day I decided to make a change. After three hours of sleep , my Wife and I woke up , and made the two hour drive to the beach. She relaxed in the shade by the water , while I put in close to six hours of hunting ! And I was able to get home in time to get ready and head to work. I'm not gonna lie. I was pretty beat by the time work was over. But , if I can do that at least once or maybe twice a week , this pirate should amass a glorious treasure of silver and gold at a much quicker pace than before ! LOL. At least that's my plan. Anyway , with that out of the way , here's my take for Saturday morning. Like I said in the title , three new firsts for me. First off , my very first silver earring ! ( .8g ) Next , my first tungsten ring ( actually a really nice one. It's a name brand one that's currently selling for $155.00 on their site. I'm sure I could easily get a blue stripe for it if I were to throw it on eBay ! ) It's pretty heavy at 15.4g . And my last find of the day was in knee deep water about two inches down , and found during my last pass in the lane. A beautiful 24" 14k gold chain that weighed in at 17.6g ! Also a first for me. It was still clasped together , which I believe is why the Excal II picked it up. All in all , it was a great new beginning to my plan of amped up treasure hunting ! Thanks for looking , Good Luck , and Happy Hunting everybody ! IMG_20170716_124304964.jpg IMG_20170716_124757999.jpg IMG_20170716_124945814.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome day at the beach my friend.

sonnar28

Dec 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are very nice finds! You are right on that you have to put in your time at the beach to accumulate significant loot.

HH

Charles

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Great finds and a Heavy Golden Ticket - Congrats! :occasion14: :hello2:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good day hunting. If you can get more than $5 for that TC ring, I'll ship you a bunch of them to sell! :laughing7:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That 17.6 gram chain is the winner for sure!! :icon_thumright:

flgliderpilot

Bronze Member
Apr 28, 2015
Saint Augustine, FL
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Minelab Equinox, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of my friends who got me into detecting has NEVER found anything of value.

But, he never goes out either.

You get out of detecting exactly what you put into it.

That's one thing I like about detecting... most people aren't willing to do the hard part which makes it easier for the rest of us.

Last edited:

DJWEHAGE

Nov 30, 2012
Aberdeen, MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ 21, CZ20, CZ 7a Pro, Equinox 800, Stealth 920xi
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
WTG! I love finding big chains. 14k 17+g is a GREAT find!

OP
OP
FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments guys ! It's a nice chain , and was extra exciting to see in the scoop ! I've only scooped a chain one time before , but it was just a smaller silver one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

walnuttree

Jul 23, 2015
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter ID, Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job. Yes you reap what you sow, hard work is often rewarded. I'm so beat after work out in this heat I couldn't even attempt metal detecting on a workday, at least not until fall weather.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread