Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today Shannon and I took the baby to the park to play and did a little detecting.....We have spring break here this week and there were several children there playing on the swings.... until I brought out the detector.... then they decided to see what I was doing. The questions they ask are priceless.
"How much did that rig cost ya?"
"Where can I get one of them?"
"Rocks don't have metal do they?"

We found lots of coins and they let me keep four of them. ;)

Had a great day!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 032401sm.JPG
    032401sm.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 321
  • 032402sm.JPG
    032402sm.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 315
  • 032404sm.JPG
    032404sm.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 325
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nana that is awesome....Do they sell a three pack of shovel's.I hope the curiosity continue's down the road.Thank's for sharing the pic's Nana...Gonna have to copy the first one if you don't mind....Way to cool!!!

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
NANA, If They Gave Out Metals For Patience You Would Defiantly Deserve The Medal of Honor. Nice Post. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 077.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 077.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 289
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 077.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 077.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 297

jon43

Jan 18, 2006
owensboro , ky
that was so neat Nana :) i don't mind the kid,s but some times in town people would go by in there cars and hoot and holler. ::) while i was hunting. oh well.

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BRAVO NANA.i think you did a good job teaching the younger hunters how to use a metaldetector.

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nana, what more can I say? Heroine, and a great ambassador for the greatest hobby their is............Thanks for the posts, and pic's........wish I could have the patience you do, but i sure hope I get it soon......LOL.....Have a great day.............. ;D..... ;D

B

BIG61AL

Kids dirt digging all three go hand in hand. Even if just one kid who got curious by what you were doing took up the hobby just think of all the fun they will have because of you. That's kinda special isn't it?

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
Sounds like a great day, Nana :)

Your little guy........
.......... kinda reminds me of Floater, with those headphones on!
lol

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
that picture really says a lot about your character. first class all the way! really nice story!! :)

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats great Nana.....It is nice sharing the detecting with the kids, here where I live the Club I belong to has an adult club hunt each year now for the last like 20 years ,and we always have hunts for the kids and they love it ....Just finding stuff makes them so happy and finding tokens that are planted to win prizes makes them even more excited......I have donated a detector each of the last few years and when one of the kids wins that detector its a great feeling for them and myself that they now have there own machine and will enjoy their prize and this Hobby......Glad your sharing your finds and time with the Kids !!!!! WTG........ :) :)

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Very nice Nana,,, WTG!!!
I'm sure those kids will remeber that day for a long time.
Well they're kids, maybe a day, or two anyway... ;D
Great post, & pics, Thanks for sharing...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

B

brz

Nana, thats awesome!! that will be something that will stick in their minds always. Future THers.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
WTG Nana! Nice pics as always. What a great way to turn a lowly penny into something priceless!! Glad y'all got to show future generations how much fun dirt digging can be. ;)

HobBob

Feb 18, 2006
SW Oakland County, MI
Awesome story, Nana. I know I'm repeating comments already made by others, but believe me sincerely when I say that they will remember that day for a long time to come. You sparked their curiosity and gave them a priceless education in exploring the world around them. Way to go!
HH,
Bob

montepollock

Jan 25, 2006
ft scott Ks
Detector(s) used
,Eagle Spectrum, Fisher1236x2,CZ5,tesoro golden
It,s always good to see Children interested in something other than pokemon,or spongebob, Ad nauseum.
And a chance to teach Them The proper methods of recovery.Iv,e had a pack that follow me in the local park,but they all Run home and get shovels,start digging at random.But one in particular asked a lot of questions and watched.Recently I seen him in his yard with a new Radioshack(bounty hunter)detector and a small trowel.The availability of cheap detectors at walmart may serve to destroy Our hobby,So it good to have Ones like you to Teach.
HH,Mont

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I agree with everyone here.....a great time indeed. Gotta love those little curious faces and questions.

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread