Three of my best finds for the 2022 season donated to local historical society in an educational display case

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All, I donated the educational display case pictured below to a local historical society yesterday. While all of the artifacts are 20th century - I think you'll agree they each have a story to tell. In addition to being displayed at the museum, the cases also appear at speaker series events plus taken to elementary schools and retirement homes for show-and-tell.

Attachments

• Pan Am Clipper.jpg
    Pan Am Clipper.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 10
OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done, nice to see others share the history through dug artifacts...:thumbsup:
Couldn't have said it better! That is the 29th case I've donated to various organizations. Not only is it a way to share history, but helps when I try to get new permissions, and it keeps my home from getting cluttered. My wife especially likes the last part and all we know happy wife...

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great idea and very nicely displayed. I've begun using artifacts in my classes, students get a lot out of holding history in their hands and researching it.
Excellent idea! Hopefully it gives the students some appreciation for the lives our forefathers lived.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking display, well put together.
Great to know some young are actually learning something about the old.

Oh I hear ya the cluttering up the house.
Finally got a room to hid my things in.
Better than a storage building. 😁

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking display, well put together.
Great to know some young are actually learning something about the old.

Oh I hear ya the cluttering up the house.
Finally got a room to hid my things in.
Better than a storage building. 😁
pepperj, thank you. One other advantage of donating is that I have the peace of mind of knowing the artifacts won't get thrown out or sold on eBay after I'm gone. I'd probably turn over in my grave if that happened. 8-)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pepperj, thank you. One other advantage of donating is that I have the peace of mind of knowing the artifacts won't get thrown out or sold on eBay after I'm gone. I'd probably turn over in my grave if that happened. 8-)
That would at least keep the finds going.
I have seen/heard of worse outcome-the dumpster ending to the finds/collections.
That would be a turner for me just thinking about it-lots of folks just think trash when they view it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread