What's new

Three short hunts

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
3,716
Reaction score
1,504
Golden Thread
0
Location
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Deus II/HF2, Manticore, E-Trac, Excalibur II, V3i, Pro-Find 40, Vibra-Probe 585, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As usual, local modern parks, sport fields and playgrounds. Pretty sparse, but squeaked out a couple of silver items. My prayer was answered :notworthy:
The cross is bent, looks like a chain break then a lawn mower. Earring was a surface find. Another surprise wheat (1919), possibly came with the fill.
I've been trying out the M8 and M15 ... M8 was very similar to the M9 with a bit better separation. Jury is still out on the M15; I need to do some controlled testing, but it found the cross (ID 48).
Always good to get out. Happy Hunting!
 

Attachments

  • 2026_02_20_1.webp
    2026_02_20_1.webp
    262.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 2026_02_20_2.webp
    2026_02_20_2.webp
    145 KB · Views: 93
  • 2026_02_20_3.webp
    2026_02_20_3.webp
    132.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 2026_02_20_4.webp
    2026_02_20_4.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 18
Nice going on the silver.
I'd think a lawnmower would of done it more damage like a slice or a big nick.
 
Nice going on the silver.
I'd think a lawnmower would of done it more damage like a slice or a big nick.
Yeah, was pondering that as well. Maybe it got run over.
 
Good hunts and silver is always a winner. Been using M15 for over 2 yrs beach hunting and I feel nothing better. Don't believe those who say it might not detect small targets. My M15 finds too many really small pieces of foil and crap (measured in milligrams). Set VIDs below 10 as low tone and volume - my way of de emphasizing targets with low probability. Just purchased M8 to expand searches to heavy tab sites and very impressed. Comparisons with M9 all emphsize depth and coverage, but I have M11 and M15 for that. Needed small coil to get between tabs and depth is secondary importance and M8 does the trick.
 
Lawn mower!🤣 Damaged but it’s all there.
Ouch. I segregate all the bent stuff. I know silver is quite a bit softer than clad and mowers can destroy clad w/o a problem, but many are bent without nicks which makes one wonder.
 

Attachments

  • bent_coins_1.webp
    bent_coins_1.webp
    164 KB · Views: 40
Congratulations on your great finds! Thanks for sharing.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom