What's new

Tiffany earring!

kenonimo

Full Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2012
Messages
111
Reaction score
187
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was out today and it's almost mid December! Loving it! Any way I was hunting a trail and got a low tone signal. Using a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2 I got a solid nickel tone and dug this Tiffany earring. Has a nice engraving on it and also a signature and is marked 925. Looks to be a real Tiffany but why the low tone? Any thoughts, I'm still learning! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449686957.971597.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449686974.261397.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1449686990.467659.webp
 
Upvote 12
Pics or it didn't happen ;)
 
That should have made a high tone. Congrats on a nice find!

Perhaps there was another piece of metal in the hole (low conductive metal).
 
Thanks CT. I checked the hole and nothing else there, checked it again when I got home and still low tone. Maybe a real good knockoff?
 
Thanks CT. I checked the hole and nothing else there, checked it again when I got home and still low tone. Maybe a real good knockoff?

Upon further research I am finding out that new Tiffany pieces only use a Capitol T and the rest of the letters are small. However the vintage jewelry has all capitols. But the vintage usually say sterling and not 925 so I'm thinking its a fake! [emoji46] just ordered a silver test kit.
 
nice little find :thumbsup:
 
Maybe you can find Van Gough and sell it to him:>)
 
Many times when I find a hoop type earring and it's in the open position it will give a low tone and sometimes read as a junk item. Just for grins and giggles fasten the closure on the earring and see if it doesn't give a different reading. I've done that before and it makes a difference.
 
Nice find,, is that a Paloma Picasso piece? (Signature ).
She has an exclusive contact with Tiffany.
 
Last edited:
Nice find,, is that a Paloma Picasso piece? (Signature ).
She has an exclusive contact with Tiffany.

Hi atw! It is not a Paloma Picasso. But I did find out the signature it is Elsa Peretti, Tiffiny designer.
 
Excellent find.
 
thinkin' Skippy nailed it. shape does matter:-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom