What's new

Tiger Shark ( Hot Rocks )

Ollieboy

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2006
Messages
62
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
America's home town
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes Tiger Shark w/clean sweep
I have had my Tiger Shark for about two years now and have yet to figure out why it sounds off so much on what i call "hot rocks". Am I the only one that has this problem? It makes me stop hunting in these areas due to the constant quacking!! It happens almost every salt water site that I hunt, both in wet sand or in the water. Sometimes there are so many "hot rocks" that i get frustrated and pack it in. I have tried turning the internal sensitivity down as suggested by Sand Man a while ago but had no affect. I also removed the coil cover thinking maybe black sand inside or something, to no avail. Your thoughts would be appreciated. Looks like it may have to go in for service, but it has always performed this way since it was new ?????
Ollieboy
 
You do not need to send it in for service because it finds Hot Rocks. Tiger Sharks are very sensitive even with internal settings turned down, this is why they can find thin gold chains..........an Hot Rocks. There isn't much you can do now. I have a couple areas that are loaded with the hot rocks and the only detector that I can use there without going crazy is the Excal which ignores hot rocks.

Your only solution except buying a Excal for this area is to keep digging those hot rocks till they get cleaned out. Not a good prospect. However there may be good targets there too since those rocks that bother you are also driving others crazy too so they go to other locations leaving the good stuff.

Good Luck, I feel your pain.
Sandman
 
Thanks for the anticipated bad news Sand Man, been pondering on how to get my hands on a new Excalibur! I have yet to find enough of those fine golds chains you spoke of to make my purchase. I'm sure your right about those hot rock areas cause I very really ever see any other hunters spend any time in those areas.
Ollieboy
 
Remember though that if the lazy hunters don't want to hunt there all the goodies are yours if you can bite your tongue everytime you scoop up a hot rock. :laughing7:
 
And too, if a hot rock looks burned check it with a magnet. It may be a meteorite and maybe worth more than gold. ;D

They claim at least 500 meteorites have fallen to earth since this planet began. Now anyway ya look at it that's a mess of meteorites, eh?

Meteorites the size of marbles are the most common. Find one the size of a baseball and you could probably retire early after it went to auction.

Just think, if the average tiny meteorite was worth say...$10, all of them that have hit earth the last 10,000 years (if found) might cover the amount we've added to the national debt since 09.

Go dig em!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom