tigershark

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To add to the PM I sent you, there are 3 controls inside the box of the Tiger Shark. The Volume, Threshold control, and Sensitivity control. These need to be set maybe once when you first install the batteries for the first time. The Tiger is best with the sensitivity control set where it is when you get it. Many turn it up thinking they are dialing in more depth when in fact they are just making the dang thing unstable. Leave the Sensitivity pot alone and you will be better off.

I have suggested to Tesoro that the pots be color coded for better identification, but so far they think everyone that buys one has a high IQ and can read directions. ;D

The only down side to the Tiger and Whites water machines is the way the batteries are in the control box. The electronics are exposed during battery replacement and if extra care isn't made, the box will leak and a major repair bill is necessary.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
I was thinking of buying a TS but after reading about how heavy it is and having to put a floater on it if you chest mount it, I changed my mind. For me it is not worth the hassle. I wish Whites made better water machines. My dealer will not even sell them anymore due to all the trouble he had with them. To bad them MXT doesn't have a water proof box. I just want a MD that if dropped in the water will not fry or if it rains!

OP
OP
findit

findit

Jul 1, 2007
I didn't realize it was so heavy compared to others. That is one reason why I like tesoro so much, performance with little weight.what would be a light weight water machine?

TonyinCT

Mar 14, 2006
Granby, CT
In relationship to other detectors the Tiger is not heavy at all. The body mounting should take care of most of that issue and when I use mine I don't have a problem doing that. I would say that it isn't the best but it is the best for the money if you want to disc out junk. (A side note) The Whites Underwater detectors are fine units and I have seen no problems with them.

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my TS from a local dealer, and the second signal I dug with it was a heavy 14K mans wedding band. I have used it a lot and the original batteries still give 6 beeps when I switch it on. I like it a lot, and with a body mount the shaft and coil weigh almost nothing. I am building a hookah system for deeper water, and I can't wait to get the better stuff out there. Overall, I really like the TS and I would certainly buy one again. Foiledagain...Boise, Idaho

geckokid

Aug 4, 2007
Delaware, USA
Detector(s) used
Eldorado
Pepper2004 said:
I was thinking of buying a TS but after reading about how heavy it is and having to put a floater on it if you chest mount it, I changed my mind. For me it is not worth the hassle. I wish Whites made better water machines. My dealer will not even sell them anymore due to all the trouble he had with them. To bad them MXT doesn't have a water proof box. I just want a MD that if dropped in the water will not fry or if it rains!

Water detectors are heavy to keep them from floating. It it float it will not do any good.

geckokid

Aug 4, 2007
Delaware, USA
Detector(s) used
Eldorado
historydigger said:
There is a company named Anderson that makes a balance shaft for them which gives it a better feel.

http://www.andersondetectorshafts.com/9.html
tesoro.JPG

rehless

Mar 23, 2008
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Dual Field, Surf PI, Tesoro SS, Cibola, Tejon, Troy X2
Pepper, Whites makes fine water machines. get a PI Pro. Drop it in the water all you want, no fry. I have two and am ordering the new Dual Field. All I do is water hunt.

geckokid

Aug 4, 2007
Delaware, USA
Detector(s) used
Eldorado
Pepper2004 said:

The tiger shark can be hip mounted so swing the coil will be very light weight.

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
The Tiger is not heavy in the water, on land it can be hip mounted

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread