What's new

Time for a shave

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 8, 2007
Messages
1,801
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
USA
Now I don't know if it was because I missed last Sundays shave or because I saw the pic of the Barber magnet, but I got ME one tonight. Second one of the year, 3rd total. 1907S, not in the best shape or color but made up for only getting (5)40%ers with it out of 4 boxes. So if you want a Barber, either quit shavin or check out the no haircut for 3 month thread. Here's a couple pics, HH all, Mark
Barber2005.jpg

Barber2008.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Nice! :thumbsup:

I still haven't found a barber. Oh but it's coming, I can feel it!
 
That is beautiful. It's been many years for me. Congratulations. :thumbsup:
 
OS far no Barber for me in my 3 mos. CRH'ing; so far most odd- even oldest coin(s) have found were 2 Brittish One Penny's 1910 & 17 .
 
SWEET -- Cool box! What a surprise I bet. After nothing but 40%'ers, and then BAM!

Nice picture too. I hope the trend continues.
 
Awesome find Mark, that is a beautiful coin congrats .... lol have quite a beard but I have checked out the Barber magnet numerous times so I guess will just have to wait now :wink:, Ed
 
nice coin
glad to see barbers showing up, hopefully i can grab one soon
congrats
 
Nice to see that. I haven't had a shave in over a year of searching. Did get 2 Walkers and a Ben and a 64 in one roll from a box yesterday. That was a nice roll - pulled 13 total out of the box. Strange thing was there was hand writing on the inside of the box. It said $80 and someone's initials. The box had all the silver on the bottom rows as it was a brink's style box.

Maine_Jim
 
maine_Jim said:
Nice to see that. I haven't had a shave in over a year of searching. Did get 2 Walkers and a Ben and a 64 in one roll from a box yesterday. That was a nice roll - pulled 13 total out of the box. Strange thing was there was hand writing on the inside of the box. It said $80 and someone's initials. The box had all the silver on the bottom rows as it was a brink's style box.

Maine_Jim
Sounds like there were 8 special rolls on the top row that got comandeered. Were any rolls showing silver on the ends? Bet not or they would have been gone too. Glad you got some and 90% to boot. HH Mark
 
Silver Stripe, It is always fun to find something out of the norm and a barber is a nice addition to the collection.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom