What's new

Time for detecting again.

Raccoon

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2010
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I won a bike in the charity auction at Rose Bowl a few weeks ago. It's a like-new Schwinn Stingray Orange County Choppers bike, with a big wide back wheel. I went to pedal it to Tulsa Scooters to get the brake adjusted. By the time I got back home, I was exhausted. That's a four block round trip. In 1958, I pedaled a Schwinn all the way to Killeen, Texas, so I found today's experience really disappointing. I was 21 then and I'm 72 now, but still...

So, I reckon it's time to get out from in front of this monitor and get active again. I put new batteries in the White's Spectrum XLT and spent an hour in a neighbor's back yard. Found a nice silver quarter and the usual junk, plumbing parts, etc.

I have been reading here and other Oklahoma Treasure sites and I'm planning to get out of town and hit some of the old abandoned towns around here. I'm having a motor put on the bike. :)

-Rock
 
keep us updated.... lota history up there in northern oklahoma...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom