Time to give back......1943 Walking Half....And the winner is........

WheatbackDigger

Jul 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Geo4472, with a guess of $636.52. The actual total was $619.13. I would like to thank everyone who participated. The snow is gone, the ground is froze but the weather looks promising this week, hopefully a few trips to the woods.

Well, its been a long long winter in Northern Illinois. I finally got out last week to do a little swinging and woke up this morning to a snow covered ground. So today I decided to count my clad from the past few years. It's an obsession, I just cant cash it in. I still have every coin I ever dug..... Enough of that. Let's have some fun!!!

It's time to give back a little to the Treasure Hunting community. A very easy game with very few rules. The winner will receive a 1943 Walker and two Indians (1901 & 1907). The Walker looks to be AU (has the slightest wear) and the Indians look to be uncirculated (they do appear to be dipped at one time). Not the biggest prizes, but it won't cost the winner a cent.

The closest guess to the amount of clad I pulled out of the ground and the winner will be shipped all three coins. Pretty simple, but there is a few rules.

1) Only one guess per member
2) I'll ship to the lower 48 States only.
3) This is closest to, over or under, should there be a tie, the winner will go to the under bid
4) The contest ends Feb 28 Midnite Central Time
5) I'll post the winner, with the actual total, and PM him/her for shipping information
6) Keep any comments to a sentence or two, I don't want to lose track of any guesses...Thanks
7) Should someone guess it to the penny, I'll throw in a couple of Mercs (common date, dug stuff)

Have fun and here are the pics

Attachments

• clad1.jpg
    clad1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 482
  • clad2.jpg
    clad2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 463
  • walker.jpg
    walker.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 469
  • 1907.jpg
    1907.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 457
  • 1901.jpg
    1901.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 458
Re: Time to give back......1943 Walking Half Dollar Giveaway plus more....

Oh, what the heck,

$246.02

$202.98 Thanks for the chance. It's very nice of you.

DANGLANGLEY

Just a wag but here goes $276.45

fccdfed

Heck you can pretty much drive 'em by my place.
$142.77

$367.28 is my guess. Hey, I live in Canada but I'll pay for shipping if it ever comes to that lol!

Thanks for the opportunity.

$411.11. I cheated though. I divided the bow of the table legs by the angle of the dip in the table top, subtracted the gravitational pull of the moon (now waning) and calculated the weight versus depth of coins haphazardly dumped on a linoleum surface, allowing for the density of the plastic coffee cans they came out of, and the obvious excitement of the dumper. Give me something difficult next time.

$412.17
final answer.
lol :)

Johnnysan said:
$411.11. I cheated though. I divided the bow of the table legs by the angle of the dip in the table top, subtracted the gravitational pull of the moon (now waning) and calculated the weight versus depth of coins haphazardly dumped on a linoleum surface, allowing for the density of the plastic coffee cans they came out of, and the obvious excitement of the dumper. Give me something difficult next time.

:icon_study:[size=12pt]Then I divided by 2, and added some back for good measure and came up with $239.36[/size] :icon_study:

$341.19 and thanks for the cointest!
HH hope the snow melts soon for you.

$842.15

$75.00 that should do it.

Minetres

$1017.23

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back