May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit an estate sale on my lunch break today and even though it was two hours after it opened I was able to score some very good things. The first thing I saw was these vintage matchbox and hot wheel cars. Two are 1967 red lines. The antifreeze green Silhouette and the dark metallic aqua Custom T-Bird. The blue and red ones are 1971 matchbox card and the purple one is a Corgi. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528518069.485096.jpg
I then found a bag of vintage keychains and saw the early 1970s Honda civic one and a early Oldsmobile one. I think their collectible and should get a few bucks on eBay. I then went upstairs to the office and saw a large box of junk for $5. Digging through it I found a beat up Timex. I bought the box and unfortunately that was the only thing I could find most fortunately the Watch turned out to be a 1971 Marlin With an awesome dial. Turns out the Crystal was just the problem and I was able to replace it and she’s a beauty. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528518265.656913.jpg and then went into a bedroom and found a small glass jar with a heavy silver top. Once I unscrewed it I could see the lion passant on the rim. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528518354.526448.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528518365.874359.jpg . And went back downstairs and went into the front room which I missed the first time and couldn’t believe when I saw this beautiful Parker pen crystal or glass desks set. These are quite valuable in for a dollar it was a steel. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1528518442.675050.jpg It was a great start to my weekend

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’d say that was a helluva great start to your weekend! That watch is a beauty. Well done!

artslinger

Jul 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree on that Marlin a real beauty! A change of crystal and it now looks like new! Great scores!

artslinger

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good old stuff found at that sale. What age ya think the desk pen base is from? 1940s ??

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some good old stuff found at that sale. What age ya think the desk pen base is from? 1940s ??

Might be 30’s to 40’s. Too bad I sold the pen I had that would’ve fit it.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree on that Marlin a real beauty! A change of crystal and it now looks like new! Great scores!

artslinger

I hate I always get so excited that I forget to take pictures of it before. The difference is amazing. It went from being a ugly damaged watch to an almost new one just because of a new Crystal.

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the hot wheels! The Silhouette is not very rare, but the book value for that T-bird is $400 in near mint condition.

OP
OP
JimDon

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the hot wheels! The Silhouette is not very rare, but the book value for that T-bird is $400 in near mint condition.

Interesting because I am not seeing any action on it on eBay.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great weekend start, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread