tiny green bubbly black strip pebble? and green quartz?

bandti7

Jan 13, 2017
cali
Detector(s) used
Makro*JeoHunter*3D Dual System. Some others still updateing.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I ran a slush but did not get to finish because it got dark, but I found these 2 things that stuck out at me, what are they? They are both vary small, the pebble is light and it float on the water until I pushed it down in the vail, then it sunk slowly swaying back and forth like a pebble would, the green quartz or what ever it is sank vary fast. 20180104_005643.jpg 20180104_010510.jpg 20180104_010954.jpg 20180104_011108.jpg

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your green striped thing looks like a pinto bean or some kind of seed and your green quartz could be Green Corundum (Emerald)Although I don't know how common that would be where you are.If you are around the Angeles forest there is corundum there.There was also a large Emerald found close to the Glamis dunes but I am pretty sure it originated in the lava flow I came across, which has some gold mines close by.

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes olivine was my first thought. I believe the green is caused by the presence of nickel? I do know the early gold miners would find high concentrations of gold in quartz where the quartz vain would intersect with the green stone of California.

Upvote 0

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like Peridot for the crystal, the rounded stone maybe the same or a mix of Peridot and Olivine. Be hard to tell with such small samples but the crystal looks right and if they were found in the same locality I'd be confident to call them such. Back of the boat has this one ;)

Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mesa Grande?is known for tourmaline.Never mind Mesa grande that is in SoCal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

bandti7

Jan 13, 2017
cali
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do definitely live where I find green in quartz rocks, I have a sample I can show you, I dug down to clay. A seed? Really? Hmm all see if I can poke a needle through the seed =p if not then all plant it in some dirt and see if it grows lol, if it doesn't then I'd say it's a odd looking rock. Does anyone know how far I have to dig to get to bedrock? I'm already at clay and I'm hitting sandish/quartz. I also ordered a 12 inch drill bit and a earth oguer so I don't have to dig so much. 20180104_215610.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why I said a bean or seed pinto-beans.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

bandti7

Jan 13, 2017
cali
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see the bean in what you posted =p it's been a bit since I have replied back, I have the bean looking thing in a vial with water and it has not sprouted lol, someone else said that siver can leave a green staining, I think he said silver =p I'd have to check.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread