What's new

Tiny old Eagle button

Cherylay

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2018
Messages
41
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this tiny eagle button that I cannot identify. Looked through my Record Of American Uniform and Historical Buttons Book but cannot find it. The Eagle is on a raised platform Appears to be standing on something but details are hard to see. It’s a two piece button, there is no backmark. I would appreciate any assistance. E8469D5F-E27D-4FF8-893D-FE347F1298AA.webpD82914AB-A656-441F-A35A-80DD1F386897.webp
 
I am pretty sure that is a civilian fashion button.
 
Upvote 0
Well, it is what it is! Thanks, Cheryl
 
Upvote 0
Your tiny old eagle button (as you called it) has what button collectors call a "self-shank back" -- which no actual American MIlitary-issue buttons have. So, I agree with Fyrffytr1, it is a civilian-usage "Fashion" button.

Also, your button's particular version of self-shank back (having what is called a "pierced simple dome" at its center) first shows up in the early-1900s, and continued to be used into the mid-1900s, but was superceded by a different version in the latter-1900s. So, I'd time-date your button to being made sometime between approximately 1910 into the 1950s.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
12
Views
1K
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Pewter eagle button
Replies
1
Views
497

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom