Tip: Being extra nice pays off

Drmad7

Apr 26, 2014
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
I’m always nice to people wherever I go and the same with employees at thrift stores. All of the employees. But an older gentlemen told me a couple years ago that his secret is being extra nice to the cashiers and leads in the store. He buys Christmas cards with treats and passes them out or remembers their birthday. I don’t do the same thing but everyone knows I buy and sell jewelry. The employees will ask me what kind of watches I have or whatever they may need for a gift for a relative. I’ve sold Tiffany stuff for $25 and watches for $20. Totally no profit on the sale. But they will sometimes tell me that they have some new jewelry stuff coming out. Even the time when it will be put out on the floor. Or show me some jewelry and ask my opinion of pricing before they put it out. If it’s a great piece, I tel them the most I would pay and also let them know that if they are willing to wait to get more money, a higher price would be possible also (but not from me). It has paid out great dividends to me. Just passing on a tip. And it’s great to simply be nice to folks anyway.

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FC303ABF-BE76-426A-9F2C-38B48E61B42C.jpeg

Yup sounds like a life lesson my grandparents gave me long ago.

Vhoov

May 9, 2016
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro, Pro pointer AT,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This method has brought me more finds then any other method. Keep up the great work!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread