To beach or not to beach (F75 LTD)

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
It won't work as well as a PI, multi freak, FBS or BBS might work a bit better too but there are many posts and threads out there that have settings that worked for owners that had single frequency Fishers at the beach on many different forums including here.
A hunter named tinfoil came up with some settings many have used that say work, others use different settings in disc and and still seem to find the goods.

Google..."tinfoil, settings, beach, F75", and see what pops up.
His setting advice is.. all metal, threshold -1, frequency 7 and manual ground balance of 6-0 on wet sand.
Dig everything over 15 with a zip zip sound, ignore the wah wah sounding targets.

The F75, F70/Patriot all have the ability to balance down to salt...The T2 might also since they are built on the same core engine.
This is a feature added to the programming, not just a hack.

Not the most optimum tools for beach hunting but they do seem to have some decent abilities in salt if you set them correctly.

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome in the dry sand, loses too much depth when balancing down to salt and even reducing sensitivity it still falses. Thats why I got the old minelab - for the beach.

chub

OP
OP
T

TrippinBilly

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you both for the input. Good info, it sounds like it's at least worth trying before getting another detector for it. Interestingly, I came across tinfoil's post last night. That's what I'll try first.

sws33

Mar 15, 2013
huntington beach ca
Detector(s) used
white's 5900 di pro, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1280, Garrett Infinium LS, Teknetics T2 SE and Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II and Fisher CZ21, White's TDI Beach Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Chub said, at least on the West coast. I haven't tried an f 75 but I have used a T2 SE as well as an Omega 8000 amongst other single frequency detectors and none of them we're worth a crap down by the water in the Black sands of the West coast. I even had a macro multi cruiser for a little while and that wouldn't work anywhere near the water either. I say give it a try but you will probably be digging a lot of false signals. you can find out pretty quickly how well it's going to do if you take a coin or a ring with you, go down into the wet sand and bury it and see if you can find it. Most times, by the time you get a single-frequency vlf machine dial down to where it is stable enough to run down by the water, you will have lost all detecting depth. I had that multi cruiser down at the beach day after day after day playing with every setting possible on that thing and like I said, by the time it was dialed in enough to run somewhat stable I couldn't pick up my 14 gram gold wedding band deeper than maybe an inch and a half to 2-inch. That ain't going to get it done at the beach.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've seen conflicting opinions with using an F75 on a salt water beach. I'm very interested in trying out a beach and am wondering what thoughts or advice you all may have with regards to using an F75 LTD.

there is a video out of a guy using his F75 on the beach as long as you don't drop it in the surf, you will be okay.

OP
OP
T

TrippinBilly

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
^^^^ Oh yeah, found that video the other night too. There are such conflicting reports out there.

And if my experience is anything like sws33, (I'm also West Coast) then I better start saving for another detector. I'll give it a try, though.

Thanks all.

OP
OP
T

TrippinBilly

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"These are not the zinc coins you are looking for"
-old Jedi mind trick

OP
OP
T

TrippinBilly

Dec 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've decided to move in a different direction, detector-wise, since I'll be doing a lot more salt water beach detecting. I'm selling my Fisher F75 now but appreciate everyone's assistance getting started in this hobby.

Peter67

Oct 9, 2016
Belgium
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Xp Deus
Minelab Equinox 600
Nokta Makro Legend
Nokta Makro Multikruzer
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From all the brands with single frequency models for one or another reason the Makro Racer 1 and 2 performs very good on salty beaches. I heard and seen a lott good things about this detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread