What's new

To grade or not to grade?

UnQle Rob

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 14, 2015
Messages
36
Reaction score
97
Golden Thread
0
Location
Parts Unknown, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Infinium
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detecnik Pin Pointer
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Like most of you all, I have found some marvelous coins, and not so marvelous coins. What do you look for when considering getting a coin graded?
Since getting a coin graded is somewhat expensive. I want to make sure that I am getting the right coin graded.

Thanks for your input.
 
I would first self-grade the coin through an online grading service--like PCGS. Then, I'd research "Completed Listing" on Ebay to find comparable condition coins and their sales prices. It the Ebay coin in the same comparable condition (or less) than mine sold for over $50, I'd have it professionally graded; otherwise, not.
Don.......
 
Ah, had just been wondering what the cost was. Thanks Samuel.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom