What's new

to keep dust out

texjim

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
4,340
Reaction score
2,703
Golden Thread
0
Location
schuylkill county pa.
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i put tape over the speaker holes/vent holes to keep the dust out would that be ok or would it hurt the machine? Or does it matter that dust gets in there? Thanks
 
It matters in the long run. Put tape or a decal over the speaker holes.
 
At times I've just used that clingy plastic wrap the wife has in the kitchen.
 
thanks everyone. I'll just use some electrical tape..
 
Duct Tape!

Had duct tape over the speaker to keep moisture & dirt out for years. Just replace it when it gets crunchy.
 
GOOD OL FASHIONED """" D U C T T A P E """""

IT WORKS BETTER THAN THE STICKER..

ML HUDSON
 

Attachments

  • GFH.webp
    GFH.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 203
I never use the speaker, just headphones. I put a cool sticker of some sort over my speaker . It makes it easyer to tell my MD apart from my buddys when there all together.
 

Attachments

  • DSC01843 (Small).webp
    DSC01843 (Small).webp
    33 KB · Views: 211
extractor,

Your detector would "SCARE" the metal out of the ground.

Nice decal there.

Ed D.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom