What's new

Keeps logging me out

Puff the Tragic Wagon

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2021
Messages
538
Reaction score
1,238
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
After I log in to the forum and try to go to a thread I get logged out, and when I try to log back in it says I’m already logged in, “press here to go back to the forum list”. But it just does it over and over again. Had a heck of a time just getting to the Help topic and staying logged in long enough to post this. Never had this problem before today.
 
Here's what I do.

elf-will-ferrell.gif
 
That was going to be my suggestion...

Well, it’s doing it again unfortunately, but only when I click on the lightning bolt for Latest Posts. If I log in and click on anything else it seems to stay logged in, but don’t click that lightning bolt ⚠️

1788911992886.gif
 
I don't see a Harry Potter lightning bolt scar with this lap top.
( I was going to click on it to release chaos.).

Only I can release Chaos. It’s my special power. But even I have earthly constraints, and apparently the lightning bolt ⚡️ on this forum’s header is one of them. 😉
 
It hives me the general postings from the newest to the oldest. ( to the max one has their post setting at)

That’s what it used to do for me as well, bring up all the latest posts, until today. Now I seem to have a bug that logs me out and redirects me to the main forum page where I try to log back in…. only to have it tell me I’m already logged in ( but I’m not). Crazy. I have to close the site, clear my cache, then open the site again before it allows me to log on again. Then I can go wherever I want on the forum as long as I don’t click that stupid lightning bolt.

Edited to add…. The only thing I did differently today, before it started this, is that I put a member on ignore. And the next time I logged in is when the trouble started. And no, I don’t think it’s related just the only change from what I normally do.
 
Last edited:
What are you using to access TNet, there is no lighting bolt on my laptop or cell when I access Tznet.

View attachment 2264601

I’m using my cell, iPhone, IOS version 18.6.2 and I access over website, not the app. I’m not sure what Pepper uses but he has the lightning icon as well, so it’s not my imagination lol. Though he doesn’t appear to be having the same problem.
 
This doesn't resolve your problem but, by way of explanation for why not everyone sees the lightning bolt:

The forum software platform is XenForo, is it not?

The lightning bolt symbol is a navigation icon to provide quick access to new content. It’s a space-saving feature for mobile devices with small screens, replacing the “*What’s New” drop-down menu used for the desktop version of the forum where there is more screen space available.

If you’re using a mobile device and don’t see it, that’s probably related to your device’s display size or custom font size/zoom settings you're using. If those have restricted the available screen width, then the lightning bolt may be hidden inside the expandable main ‘hamburger’ menu icon, or dropped altogether. Sometimes, if you turn your phone sideways to give a wider screen, it will pop back into view.

Depending on how the forum has been set up, XenForo usually defaults to only showing the icon to registered users who are logged in (as an encouragement for guests to register).
 
This doesn't resolve your problem but, by way of explanation for why not everyone sees the lightning bolt:

The forum software platform is XenForo, is it not?

The lightning bolt symbol is a navigation icon to provide quick access to new content. It’s a space-saving feature for mobile devices with small screens, replacing the “*What’s New” drop-down menu used for the desktop version of the forum where there is more screen space available.

If you’re using a mobile device and don’t see it, that’s probably related to your device’s display size or custom font size/zoom settings you're using. If those have restricted the available screen width, then the lightning bolt may be hidden inside the expandable main ‘hamburger’ menu icon, or dropped altogether. Sometimes, if you turn your phone sideways to give a wider screen, it will pop back into view.

Depending on how the forum has been set up, XenForo usually defaults to only showing the icon to registered users who are logged in (as an encouragement for guests to register).

Thank you! Great information to know, and a good explanation of why not everyone has the thunderbolt icon. I had always used it to bring up the latest posts when I visit, very handy tool. It’s strange and annoying now that I can’t use it. Making this old dog learn new tricks just to navigate the forum. 🫤
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom