To post or not to post?

Captaindoodle

Feb 10, 2008
Thanks to Scott of Michigan - I wised up. I used to post on this forum until I "evolved" I've been a member for a couple of years...and have deleted numerous posts of piles of 40's and 90's I regretably posted in the past.

Everyone that still feels the need to post the usual 40% and 90% finds should read the old attached post from Scott and ask themselves why they must continue to post the mundane to inflame the newbies. If it's an ego thing...go for it...but remember, you are shortening the party with each post.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,168002.msg1223772.html#msg1223772

Stages of CRH-ing
Posted Jul 11, 2008, 04:06:40 AM
Hi All,

Mojo’s post asking about a few posters from the past finally inspired me to post these thoughts I have had for a while.

Which stage are you in? I am in #4 I think because I am not finding enough to be in #3.

1st Discovery
Got done reading my regular T-Net forum and browsed around and found this one. There’s still silver and other old coins to be found in circulation?

2nd Me Too
Wow I can order boxes of coins and find silver and other oldies. Now it’s my turn.

3rd Hey Everyone, Check it out.
Look what I am finding!!! I am just like you, look at this loot.

4th Oh No, I’ve created a monster
Uh Oh, others in my area found out about this hobby by reading this forum and are cutting in on some of my action. It’s time to quiet down about my finds.

5th Time to get rid of the competition.
Hmm, maybe if I post about how bad all of my boxes are it will discourage the competition. I need to be more negative.

6th Lurking, Lurking
Time to stop posting all together and become a Lurker. The less said the better.

Your thoughts?

Happy Hunting,

Scott (MI)

Edit: I think stages sounds better then my original Ages of..

Upvote 0
Yep! Loose Lips Sink Ships! LOL.

Pick a spot out in the middle of No Ware.

Post you found a nugget there.

Watch the traffic on all road leading to Rome!

it is true that posting will bring newbies into the mix... I wish I was the only coin roll hunter in the world, all the treasure would be mine.... but it's far too late, sooooo many new people do this. Plenty of people coin roll hunt that have never read this forum though, if you collect coins it is a great way to find things. I think posting brings new people, but there will be new people regardless. Either way guys, there is plenty of silver to be found!

Well, let me say this. I am a veteran roll hunter. Started back in the eighties. Never ordered many boxes, just did bank and customer wrapped rolls. Found you guys, lurked for awhile, but wanted to join up. I am not realy a threat to anyone, just find a few when I have the money to purchase a few rolls. Over time, the silver has added up. The mintage is in the millions, every year prior to 64, and until 70. Stuff will always turn up. Even when most of the Federal Reserve has been searched, old folks and kids that have inherited coin collections will continue to cash them in at banks. I think the hobby will last quite a few more years. This is a great forum, and a place to exchange ideas.

Bud

This is like the fifth post on this topic. Isn't this a forum to discuss what you find. :icon_scratch: Can we stop with the secret society of coin roll hunting :dontknow:

Dave 77 said:
This is like the fifth post on this topic. Isn't this a forum to discuss what you find. :icon_scratch: Can we stop with the secret society of coin roll hunting :dontknow:
Has life come to this LOL

i don't know where all this "no newbie" stuff began but whatever happened to people being happy for another persons good fortune? what about the fact that we were all newbies at one time? how would we feel if the "old heads" tried to discourage us when we first started? they didn't, and tried to enlighten us on the ins and outs of the hobby. the "treasure seekers" fall by the wayside once they realize its no cake walk finding what we find. then we are left with the few dedicated collectors that are presently here. newbies come and go but the hard core hunters are in for the long haul.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back