Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 107
Upvote 9
Great finds. I really like finding old buttons almost as much as old coins.

Yeah , it's toasted but what a great find anyhow - just to think of who could have held that piece !

Put that half cent in some extra virgin olive oil and it will do some good

It may be toasted but it's still cool in my book :thumbsup:

I love toast. Great way to start a day. Lol. Nice finds and great group of buttons!

nice assortment of finds, the copper is identifiable, cant ask for much more than that!, great hunt

Flat buttons and early copper makes for a great day in my book! :thumbsup: You might be able to get a date from that one with some cleaning.... try the hot peroxide bath and see what it reveals.

Every time I try cleaning an old copper it turns out worse. This one has that green flaky stuff all over it so I'm thinking I'll loose what ever I do have if I try cleaning it.

Very nice! Love the buttons and the copper! I think yours is a bit nicer then the one I just found. If you're worried about the green I would just soak it in acetone for a few minutes to neutralize the verdigris, let dry, then right into some mineral oil. A very light touch up with a toothpick and you'll be in good shape.

Or just leave it. Either way it's an amazing find!

Nice finds there at least your is soild mine was made into a button hehe

Agree. You'll lose all remaining detail on that one if you try and clean it. Either leave it as is or put a light coat of Verdi-Care on it.

Every time I try cleaning an old copper it turns out worse. This one has that green flaky stuff all over it so I'm thinking I'll loose what ever I do have if I try cleaning it.

Made another trip back to the colonial site today and this time found a more average copper for me, toasted that is. We think it's a 1804.
Also found a small round ball and 4 flat buttons, one button being pewter.

MUCH! Better than the"0" LC's or H Cents I have dug & about 6-7 flat buttons in 15 years .
Oh Whoa Is Me.
Ill be OK.

Great Finds deershed.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back