What's new

Tobacco Barn Tag

Michaelangelo

Sr. Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2009
Messages
455
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
Piedmont N.C.
Know what it is but trying to figure when it was issued. Found on an old fallen in tobacco barn in Guilford County, N.C.
Anyone have any idea?
 

Attachments

  • Picture 405.webp
    Picture 405.webp
    14.1 KB · Views: 280
  • Picture 406.webp
    Picture 406.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 261
Well...I learned more about Tobacco today than I EVER thought I would! ;D From Heating Units to heating procedures to curing. Could not find where they issued a "tag permit" but they still do issue permits for Tobacco curing and the number "heating units" you are allowed per permit. I also know whoever stamped the number on that tag almost drove it through the tag. Nice find though. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Keith-TX Yeah they did stamp it pretty hard!! A friend of mine's family owned the land for over 100 years and he said they only cured with wood-no natural gas heaters back then. He was puzzled by the tag-hadn't ever seen it before.

4-H Wish Kenn and I would have known you were in this neck of the woods. Have a great place that needs to be detected!! How's Maggie?
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom